NATIONAL DAY 2024

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Michael Winstock
Mr Picky
LCR Membership Number: 39

Re: NATIONAL DAY 2024

Post by Michael Winstock »

I haven't been to a national day for very many years but back in the day we certainly used to get far more cars than the 14 or 15 that apparently turned up at Hethel.
The low numbers were obviously not because of a lack of publicity or bad weather so could it possibly have been the location?
I am certainly not taking sides in the LCR versus Lotus Outlaws spat but maybe, just maybe, a more central location would prove more popular.
I still read the LCR forum regularly but some of the recent posts do seem too full of anger/sarcasm/blaming others etc., etc.
We are supposed to be a club for enthusiasts of the Lotus Cortina........we seem to be turning into a platform for people to vent their spleens on anything and everything but cars.
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

The problem is people are happy to complain about things but are not prepared to do anything about it. There is an annual AGM. How many people who complain use that to get change? I'll answer that, it's zero. There are various committee positions that have been vacant for years.. No takers. If you think the club needs a shake up, step forward and do that.
Lotus Outlaws
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2310

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

well michael thats all i tried to suggest a central event before i got the sacasm from a commitee member this is what your up against its alright listening to mr dance and mr chapmans events from 50 plus years ago but it would be nice to bring these cars and stories up to today pictures of vur cars parked up together works cars being trailed about hows about seeing these cars in action what you saying rob hill climb sprint track santapod trackday etc ive got a stunning lotus cortina as mint as any out there and i will race any road car any time any place any where forget mr dance lets dance ps ill even put a few quid down what you saying rob :?:
Rob
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2080

Post by Rob »

Chris

Think my days of racing are gone mate
Most of the cars I own are just for looking at as I cant fit in them anymore lol ?
Saying that I do have a mk1 Lotus track car kicking around
And that one fits 🤣
Lotus Outlaws
Regular

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

so does this mean your days of racing are gone or not gone your track car against my road car odds in your favour but im in name your place :?:
Rob
Woodrim

Post by Rob »

Maybe one day I will dig it out
To many other projects took priority at the moment ?
To many toys and not enough time ?
Lotus Outlaws
Regular

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

ive got too many toys and not enough time but certain things you have to make time what about your red race thats already dug out :D
Michael Winstock
Mr Picky
LCR Membership Number: 39

Post by Michael Winstock »

We have a nasty case of subject drift in this post!
All interesting stuff but way off the original topic!
Rob
Woodrim

Post by Rob »

I agree
Getting back to the subject ‘The LCR National’

Ive been to the Cortina show at Symonds Yat and yes it is a good event…..But it’s a general all round Cortina show not a Lotus Cortina show ??

Do we know how many Lotus Cortinas were at Symonds Yat
Not many I was told ?

I enjoyed talking to the Lotus guys at Hethel
We even had a laugh discussing Alan Mann Cars and Team Lotus cars… Who's cars were better back in the day ?

Do you think those guys at Hethel that live & breath Lotus are going to be interested in a mk3 XL or a mk4 ghia…I dont think so ?

The venue at Hethel was a great weekend for a genuine Lotus Cortina enthusiast… I just wish I had more time to do the tour

Thats just my opinion
Maybe Im looking at it wrong ?
Lotus Outlaws
Regular

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

rob how do you that they are not into mk3 and mk4s ive had 30 lotus cortinas in 20 years and ive just bought a mini moke ps six lotus cortinas and lots to do and see nice to see the likes of will painton there whoes got probley the best collection of lotus cortinas in the country me and him were happy sitting along side the other cortinas hundreds of people chatting and laughing enjoying for hours sounds like you lads with your twelve cars had the same exciting same bat time same bat channel same bat place next year then ah yes we did go of the subject but i was only tryining to put excitment by saying lets get some of these cars on the track it seems to me that alot of people who have got these cars just like looking at them and talking about them even race cars wow me most sundays side on action opposite lock eight and a half thousand revs every gear change two black lines up the tarmac whoes he daddy boys ps i could vidioes on here but the negative comments will come as usual 8)
Rob
Woodrim

Post by Rob »

At the end of the day the location of an event is not going to suit everyone

I dont mind travelling as I make a weekend of it, to me thats part of it. Having a few beers and meal the night before the event with a few fellow enthusiasts.

Yes, Hethel & Symonds Yat dates clashed
Maybe more cars would have been at Hethel if dates didn't clash

Chris, yes I do see some of your points re racing your cars
Great if thats your thing and yes good to watch
Crystal Palace used to be a good event ?

I do go to a lot of racing events every year UK & abroad only spectating tho ? Always good to see a Lotus Cortina on a track especially when you know some of the drivers .

I would still love to know how many LC,s were at Symonds Yat but nobody has come back on that ?

Rob
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

Rob wrote: Fri 28th Jun 2024 8:56 am
I would still love to know how many LC,s were at Symonds Yat but nobody has come back on that ?

Rob
Dale went & he said none. Looks like he missed this one.
4.jpg.cb8ab9aa614e48dddcdca3813715fefe.jpg
Plus some Mk2.
77.jpg.3e1587046aeac551264ff6c599af2bc9.jpg
13.thumb.jpg.9b311356b30227aed447c7a7931cb9b3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lotus Outlaws
Regular

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

iv e already said there were five or six dale needsto go to spec savers what has symonds yat got to do with the fact the national day was a flop if you just like looking at your cars and not driving them why not just have apicture of one and if you cannot fit in one i would say too much time in the biscuit tin its common sense that if the national was a central location loads more would have turned up symonds yat was cortina day not lotus day so five or six lotus cortinas not bad by the way symonds yat is on the border of south wales and not central england and still 80 mile from me would it not be fair to have it north east west oh and i nearly forgot south oh i remind me wheres the agm held oh south so we all have down there if we want to make changes 12 to 14 cars turn out must be the biggest flop for any club national day and the worst in lotus cortina history
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Post by Rick »

Oh no not the worst turn out, we had five cars one year, guess where that was, The Coventry Motor Museum, guess where those five cars came from, London, I’ll leave that here.
Rob
Woodrim

Post by Rob »

Maybe I should go to Spec savers as I cant see on here where you said how many Lotus Cortinas were at Symonds Yat ?

“Now where did I leave that biscuit tin”