HFF323

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

paulh0789
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2147

HFF323

Post by paulh0789 »

This was the reg of my old 1963 LC I had in 1981. Just wondered if the register has anything listed. I passed some grainy photos on to Steve155C late last year before becoming a member recently. Car was pre-airflow, but had later front grill and indicators.

Car was badly damaged to front offside when stolen, don't know if in 1981 anyone would be bothered enough to repair it so sadly it might have been broken up.

Anyone ever heard or seen it? Still existant?

Cheers...P
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Hi Paul - good to see you on here.

I still have the pic's you emailed me.

Let me know if you want them posted up here. They may jog a few memories (or make grown men cry)
paulh0789
Regular

Post by paulh0789 »

Thanks Steve. Yes, please do post them as I'd be glad to find out if anybody remembered the old girl. I now think that the damage was to the nearside rather than offside......not that anybody would have been bothered, but it'll become very obvious if people see the photos. Seems I've already tripped myself up trying to be technical....blown my cover very early on there!!! :oops:
Rob
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2080

Post by Rob »

Steve or Paul.
Can you tell me more about this car do you have the pictures?
My 63 car had an airflow front fitted at some stage and has obvious signs of previous frontal damage

Steve as you know I am putting it back to pre airflow spec at the moment.
Mark1YKK
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 1658

Post by Mark1YKK »

I had the photo's forwarded to me for inclusion in the QB. The QB thats being printed at the moment has the story and pictures in it.. :)
Rob
Woodrim

Post by Rob »

This car reg No is now out of circulation. Its not on DVLA system. I have also run a HPI check and that number has not been transfered to another car. Its either been scrapped or exported. If the car was registered in 81 it would be on the system if still around.
Steve 155C
Site Admin

Post by Steve 155C »

Lets not spoil the QB then , you'll have to wait a little bit longer :lol:

Once the QB has been published I'll also put the pic's up here incase a non member can shed any light on the car.
Bertil
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 2045

Post by Bertil »

In UK, is there any possibility to find out the info on the car from an old registration number?
Rob
Woodrim

Post by Rob »

HPI will give you all the info you need from either running a check on the chassis number or registration number. They provide a good service that will give you any hidden history that includes, VIN & engine No, Hit list info, finance if outstanding, Stolen,Colour, Plate transfer info, No of owners, Date of registration and actual year of car.
When buying a car in the UK it is silly not to run this type of check on the car you are purchasing.
DVLA do a similar online check but that only gives you limited info, date of reg,taxation class etc. Its mainly used for licencing info (Road tax)

I have been told you can now get all MOT details online from the VOSA website but have not had the need to use that yet.
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 896

Where is it now?

Post by Andy M »

Hi Rob,
In answer to your post regarding availability of MoTs, only the new computer generated documents are available through the DVLA. The old type will not be available, as only a counterfoil from the original MoT book would be left and this would probably be illegible as only markings of the pen are retained not the stamping etc. As the MoT station is the only place they are retained I am not sure how long they have to keep them probably 18 months maybe upto 5 years.
Andy M
paulh0789
Regular

Post by paulh0789 »

Rob wrote:Steve or Paul.
Can you tell me more about this car do you have the pictures?
My 63 car had an airflow front fitted at some stage and has obvious signs of previous frontal damage

Steve as you know I am putting it back to pre airflow spec at the moment.

Rob, I'll see what the QB has in its editorial and then, if there's still a possibility of there being a connection between the cars after you've seen the story & pictures, I can maybe fill you in on a few more relevant details.
Steve 155C
Site Admin

Post by Steve 155C »

Rob - I don't think it would have been unusual for quite a few pre-aeroflow shells to have been retro fitted with an aeroflow front end.

Pauls car shell (apart from the front end) was all still pre-areoflow , ie the dash and C posts etc.

Do you have any idea as to when your dash was changed? If it was after the early 80's when Pauls was crashed i think you can rule out a link to his.
Rob
Woodrim

Post by Rob »

Steve,
I have no idea when it was changed. Scott said he has a picture of the rear of my car at a show and in that picture the rear pillars dont have the airflow vents. I have never seen the picture and dont no when it was taken?

Many thanks
Rob
paulh0789
Regular

Post by paulh0789 »

Rob wrote:Steve,
I have no idea when it was changed. Scott said he has a picture of the rear of my car at a show and in that picture the rear pillars dont have the airflow vents. I have never seen the picture and dont no when it was taken?

Many thanks
Rob
Rob, the damaged car would have been acquired by perfectly legitimate means so I would assume that nothing would have been altered on it that didn't need to be unless the new owner/s fancied more changes.

Therefore a couple of things possibly unique or at least unusual on it that might have been left the way they were, was that it had a chrome handle on the lip of the bootlid and there was a cut-out switch at the battery.

Paul
Rob
Woodrim

Post by Rob »

More than likely not the car.
My car has a battery cut off but I think this is common
Did it have extra locks fitted to the doors ?