Looking to Buy LC Mk 1 Airflow

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

Joe Barzini
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Looking to Buy LC Mk 1 Airflow

Post by Joe Barzini »

Hello,

I am actively looking to buy a LC Mk1 Airflow model and I would appreciate any leads or guidance from the forum members towards finding one. Not looking for a period correct example. Ideally I would like a genuine solid bodied car with decent interior and engine/box in LHD or RHD.

Regards, Joe
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Re: Looking to Buy LC Mk 1 Airflow

Post by Keith Halstead »

Hi Joe - if not already joined the LCR do that first then you have access to the verification service so if you find a car check it out first before parting with cash.

Where are you in the UK as I know of a couple for sale depending on what work you can do.
Joe Barzini
Learner Driver

Post by Joe Barzini »

Hello Keith,

Thank you for your early reply. I have joined the register and I live in Fife, Scotland. I would only probably do some fettling and mostly cleaning and basic mechanical work, a good condition road car with sensible mods. I am very interested to hear from you what cars are coming up for sale soon and what condition and of course, the approximate prices. Does the club have guidelines of what to pay for LHD or RHD, Poor, Good, Very Good etc?

Regards,

Joe
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

Yes Joe the club has a matrix of years & prices - what is your budget?
Joe Barzini
Learner Driver

Post by Joe Barzini »

Hello Keith,

Again, thank you for your early reply. As to my budget well I would say around £40k.

I have one other question: Is there a members only forum as I cannot seem to find it if it exists?

Regards, Joe.