JEV360C & MCO358H

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

Sheriff
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

JEV360C & MCO358H

Post by Sheriff »

Interested to know if either of the above are still alive somewhere?

The Mk1 was black with gold stripe and had extended wheel arches with wide gold steels with bracing bars. Was bought by my brother in 1972 with no engine having been raced and blown up at Oulton Park. He fitted a 1500GT and ran it till 1975 when he sold it on. It later had a twin cam fitted and then a 1600 x flow. Last seen by myself at a meeting at Oulton in 1987 and believed to be in the Chester area. DVLA shows last taxed in 1987 but V5 issued in 2005 so may be alive somewhere. It is actually a 1963 pre airflow car that ended up with the identity of the donor 1500GT but was re-registered as a Lotus in 1978. I do have the original registration.

The Mk2 was red when I owned it but had originally been silver fox or blue mink (one of the colours that peeled off). It was also engine less as previous owner had used the motor in his Mk2 series 1. I bought it in Little Sutton, Ellesmere Port in 1983 and sold it on as it was a few months later. Believed to have been painted white with green stripe and put back on the road but no other details. DVLA shows last taxed 1985 and V5 last issued in 1984.