National Days...who can name location, date and years?

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

tommy
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 1693

Re: National Days...who can name location, date and years?

Post by tommy »

No bother Steve, I was quite surprised how many issues of Quarter Bumper I could still lay my hands on. Personally I have only managed 2 trips to national days since I joined in 1996, both around 1999/2000 and I do have some photographs from them. I must see if I can dig them out for you.
Tommy
Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Post by Pete G »

L2Man wrote: ↑Sun 4th Nov 2018 6:25 pm Was there another club prior to the LCR?

I remember my brother and I each in a lotus cortina
Attend a club meeting in Bromley around 1978-79 maybe.
It was an interesting evening with a concourse delegance
With some arriving on a trailer or two especially but it included some Castrol period movies from the 60’s.
Afterwards we decided to see who could get home first down the A21.
He won in his black mk2 as I stopped to top up my GTX at Sidcup, (car cost Β£275 2 years earlier!).
Happy days
Brendan
My earliest memory was meeting at a pub in Carshalton in the late 70s,- The Greyhound I think next to the village pond. I used to take my LC so it has to have been 77-79 latest as it was garaged after that. Scott can remember going there but I don't remember who else would have attended? Anyone on here?
David Baldock
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 57

Post by David Baldock »

Blimey Brendan! I remember meeting up with Phil Baskerville around 1979/80 & I recall going with him to a register pub meet in that part of the world. I was very familiar with the roads down that way then & I know we turned off the Reigate road & headed towards Carshalton so must have been the same place. My new wife seemed to think that selling my LC would be a good idea for raising the deposit on a new hatchback. I couldn't see it myself so started making enquires about clubs & fellow enthusiasts. I think that the majority there were early committee members?

I don't remember you though. Mind you, you probably had a moustache, long hair & stripped trousers then?

Dave B
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

David Baldock wrote: ↑Sun 4th Nov 2018 10:24 pm Blimey Brendan! I remember meeting up with Phil Baskerville around 1979/80 & I recall going with him to a register pub meet in that part of the world. I was very familiar with the roads down that way then & I know we turned off the Reigate road & headed towards Carshalton so must have been the same place. My new wife seemed to think that selling my LC would be a good idea for raising the deposit on a new hatchback. I couldn't see it myself so started making enquires about clubs & fellow enthusiasts. I think that the majority there were early committee members?

I don't remember you though. Mind you, you probably had a moustache, long hair & stripped trousers then?

Dave B
My grandfather says he remembers you all......... :D
L2Man
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2222

Post by L2Man »

Many thanks Mr H πŸ˜‰
L2Man
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2222

Post by L2Man »

David Baldock wrote: ↑Sun 4th Nov 2018 10:24 pm Blimey Brendan! I remember meeting up with Phil Baskerville around 1979/80 & I recall going with him to a register pub meet in that part of the world. I was very familiar with the roads down that way then & I know we turned off the Reigate road & headed towards Carshalton so must have been the same place. My new wife seemed to think that selling my LC would be a good idea for raising the deposit on a new hatchback. I couldn't see it myself so started making enquires about clubs & fellow enthusiasts. I think that the majority there were early committee members?

Dave B
In all honesty at that time I was an articled clerk living for the weekend. Had hair mind.

I think that trip might be the night I had left my oil filler cap off and as I pulled into the winston petrol station the radio was on and the following song was playing on the radio πŸ“»

https://youtu.be/uqJHoZBJYxI

Most fitting !!
Brendan
David Baldock
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 57

Post by David Baldock »

Not sure I ever heard that one one the radio Brendan?

Living for the weekend. That take's me back!

Thank's for the laugh.

Dave B