Old QB magazines

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

TimB
Petrolhead
LCR Membership Number: 2066

Old QB magazines

Post by TimB »

Hello to all, especially those who remember me from my being a member in the past, hope you all are well.

I have 36 old QB magazines that are too good to chuck in the recycle bin but also of no use to me. They are all in good condition. Range from Summer 2006 to Spring 2015. There are a few editions missing but does includes 2013 50th Anniversary edition and the 100th edition winter 2007. Job lot all to go together.

Free to the first to reply who is willing to cover the cost of postage (UK only) by Paypal gift payment in advance.

Email replies only please to timburyhome@aol.com

Best regards
Tim
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 896

Re: Old QB magazines

Post by Andy M »

Hi Tim,

No I don't want them just want to say Hi and trust you are well!
You just dropped off the scene and people are always mentioning you and all good I might add,
Have you still got the Plus 2?

Regards

Andy
TimB
Petrolhead

Post by TimB »

Hi Andy,
I'm good ta. You've made me feel guilty now, I just got involved in other things missed a couple of meets then got out the habit of attending meets, no issues with anyone.

Plus2 chassis rusted through so I stupidly sold it because at the time I didn't have time to do a full resto, regret it now prices have jumped. Familiar story eh. I've got my VW van still, a Humber Sceptre, an Avenger and a Corsair to keep me living in the past.

I'll have to give myself a kick up the behind and get to Old Windsor again. Remind me is it 2nd or 3rd Wed of the month?

Best
Tim
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Good to hear from you Tim. I was just thinking about you the other day when I saw a +2 being advertised for £20K+. I thought you bought a second one once the suspension collapsed on your first one?
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

Hi Tim - long time no hear - did you ever buy a Mk1 as I know you were constantly on the lookout for one?
TimB
Petrolhead

Post by TimB »

Hi Steve, well remembered, yes I did get a second +2 for the chassis but at the time I had my van engine and transmission to rebuild, a friend's VW Beetle to put back together after full body resto and left the College so lost storage. So sold then both as a job lot.

Hi Keith, no never got a MK1 Lotus or any model, again in hindsight I should have but having owned some in the past when they were not worth much, I found it difficult to justify spending current market prices. Got a Corsair now which is basically the same thing with a pointed front. You Essex boys still meet monthly?

QB mags now taken.

Regards
Tim
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

TimB wrote: ... You Essex boys still meet monthly?

Regards
Tim
Not regular meetings any more, just the odd meet at the Lodge in Battlesbridge second Monday of the month during the Summer months.
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 896

Post by Andy M »

Hi Tim,

It's the 3rd Wednesday. we are going to meet this Wednesday coming as John Houlihan has come over from New Zealand and wants to meet up with a few of us for a good old chin wag and catch up!!

Any body is welcome especially anyone who remember him!

Andy