Later version MK 1 Steering Wheel

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

t1ggyzak
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Later version MK 1 Steering Wheel

Post by t1ggyzak »

I have a later version (65/66) MK 1 steering wheel that I am thinking of selling -it really IS in beautiful condition.And .yes ,it IS an original wheel not an after market lookalike. It is complete -none of this .."you buy the tatty wood and metal and then find a boss and centre cap on eBay which I just happen to be listing for another £200 -£300" !! (Just so that I don't mislead anyone I DON'T have a boss and horn push -I am just trying to point out that sometimes sellers do list wheels on eBay without the boss and horn push and then try to make a killing with the boss and horn push later - double whammy)

I don't want to list it on eBay ( but may at some point) and spend /waste a large amount of money on final value fees -I've given em enough already! I know what I paid for it and I know what I want for it. I'm not trying to make a killing .I just want what I paid for it and a drink out of it. Besides I think when you're spending this amount of money you need to see what you're getting -condition of these things is a very subjective thing.

I'm not brilliant with computers so I don't know how to put photos on here (I can't even work out how see some posters photos - I'm not allowed!) But if anyone wants to send me an e-mail with a note I'll e-mail them pics although they don't really do it justice. For information I am in Chesterfield, Derbyshire about 10 easy minutes from J29 , M1.

Although I don't have a MK1 now I used to have two.The second one I sold in 1983 -was like new - I got £3,500 for it .Sometimes ,quite a lot actually ,I dream I've still got it ! Now I just have plenty of hand books and brochures and this wheel which I occasionally take out of it's huge box and look at -it IS really pretty !

I do hope I'm not breaking any rules by putting this sort of message on here ?

Regards,

Paul. ( paulywebber@googlemail.com )
Last edited by t1ggyzak on Mon 20th Feb 2017 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Re: Later version MK 1 Steering Wheel

Post by Keith Halstead »

Send me a pic & I'll post it up for you Paul. keith@khalstead.wanadoo.co.uk

NikiDickson
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2101

Re: Later version MK 1 Steering Wheel

Post by NikiDickson »

Is the steering wheel still available, or is it long gone?