BYN 614H

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

StateExpress555
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

BYN 614H

Post by StateExpress555 »

Hi,

Used to be a member of the register in the 80's and early 90's when I had a MK11 Series 2 Cortina Lotus Reg. BYN 614H.

Sold it for the usual reasons that don't seem valid now but such is life.

Trying to see if anybody has seen or heard of it lately. I sold it in around 1993 and according to
DVLA it wasnt taxed again after that so I hate to think it just sat in somebody elses 'lock up'.

It would stick in your mind because it was painted Prairie Yellow with the correct colour green stripe.
It wasn't my paint job but it was done well and both inside and out but I'm pretty sure the factory colour was red.

When I bought it it had ridiculous Chrome wheels with BF Goodrich tyres and oversize ones at the back.
The rear arches had even been flaired to take them although this had been carried out surprisingly well in metal.

Other than having the engine rebuilt ( including sourcing the proper air box) and the correct interior found and re upholstered I had not got around to doing much to it. I did however manage to find a set of minilites in a breakers yard and had them powder coated to match the stripe.

It was my daily commute for years until a company XR2 replaced it and 'of course' the plan was then to restore it.

I have had many other desirable cars slip through my hands since then but this will always be the big one that got away so any leads would be gratefully appreciated.