Please advice

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

bermuda2369
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Please advice

Post by bermuda2369 »

Hi,
I need some advice on this one, I was looking for Cortina and found mk2 1964 for 20000 where it says that some engine job required, does that price looks too suspicious ? It says that 10 years ago body was done especially on the right wing as it had some small dents all over .It wasnt been driving too much from that time.
I want to hear your opinion because its located quite far from me and I dont want to drive there to find out its a scam or something.

Thanks in advance
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Re: Please advice

Post by Steve 155C »

£20K for a mk2 depending on condition, history etc is in the right ball park. But if it's a 64 car then it will be a mk1 and could be a bargain! Post up some pics so we can see what you have found.
bermuda2369
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by bermuda2369 »

bermuda2369 wrote:Hi,
I need some advice on this one, I was looking for Cortina and found mk2 1964 for 20000 where it says that some engine job required, does that price looks too suspicious on that car classifieds ? It says that 10 years ago body was done especially on the right wing as it had some small dents all over .It wasnt been driving too much from that time.
I want to hear your opinion because its located quite far from me and I dont want to drive there to find out its a scam or something.

Thanks in advance
Steve 155C wrote:£20K for a mk2 depending on condition, history etc is in the right ball park. But if it's a 64 car then it will be a mk1 and could be a bargain! Post up some pics so we can see what you have found.
I will post some pictures, i need to figure out how to do that because another website doesnt allow me to save them, give me some time.
Last edited by bermuda2369 on Mon 9th Jan 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bertil
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 2045

Post by Bertil »

Get the VIN from the seller and we can tell you what it is you have found. A 1964 produced car can not be a mk2, but it can be a series 2 mk1.
Also if you get the VIN maybe there can be some info in the register.
Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Post by Pete G »

'series 2 mk1'.
Not series, they are either aeroflow or pre-aerolflow Mk 1 cars
Bertil
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 2045

Post by Bertil »

Well, we can atleast be sure its not a -64 mk2... and that it can be a 1964 built facelift.
I agree with you to call them pre fl and fl, but sometimes that can be a bit confusing for people new to the subject. I have seen several ads over the years where its says series 1 and series 2 both for early and late mk1 and mk2.