ALS300C or ALS400C

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

sevrup10
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2469

ALS300C or ALS400C

Post by sevrup10 »

A long time I looked at a MK2 that was local to me here in the Scottish Borders, the owner at the time who bought the car new always said he would never part with it as he was always told by family members that it was worth a king’s ransom (usual story) well he did sell the car eventually and for peanuts, I looked at the car again as it did not travel far, in fact only 30 miles. This chap who purchased the car had all the intensions of carrying out a full restoration; the car was very rotten so perhaps he took fright.

The chap who purchased the said mentioned car from the Edinburgh area did sell it soon after, The reg plate was obviously not age related to a MK2 as this was a plate that was kept from an earlier car.
Anybody ever remember going to the south side of Edinburgh to collect this car, the car was just outside Dalkeith on the A68, only interested to find out if the car was ever restored or does it still sit somewhere needing restoration , both plates and it was defiantly one of the plates listed are not listed with the DVLA.

The car was very complete , missing air box and steel wheels , but was one of the most original models that I have ever seen, is it still out there ?