FSY998F or FSY997F MK2 Cortina Lotus

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

sevrup10
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2469

FSY998F or FSY997F MK2 Cortina Lotus

Post by sevrup10 »

Just wondering if anyone has ever come across a MK2 Cortina Lotus FSY998F or FSY997F , I am only going from memory wit the reg plate as the car in question was one of the reasons that we have one today , it would have been for me last seen in the village that grew up in the early 80s, as a young lad back then this was my first glimpse of what I was always going to want. This car would have been I think registered in Edinburgh or East Lothian , I have stayed in the Scottish Borders all my days but have never seen this car here in Borders since the early 80s

Having checked the DVLA data base no records show but my memory could be wrong with the number, then the car belonged to a prominent local chap who was the son of a wealthy mill owner who had a collection of Lotus cars, Elite, Elan, Eclat, Esprit , pretty much them all. I know the car was sold as the chap sadly took his own life. Perhaps this might jog a memory or two.

I have asked around here at home , a few rumors of the car been sold for spares or even scrapped , but the car was perfect and would not have been scrapped or at least I hope not.

Where are you ?