Dutch registered lhd lotus

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

Jimmac
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Dutch registered lhd lotus

Post by Jimmac »

Hi there I have been offered a lotus cortina that is registered abroad and I just wondered if anyone could help or advise before I leap in? Car is a 1966 left hand drive Dutch registered car chassis no is BA85FP 59912, apparently was shipped out to Holland as a left hand drive car and was the property of ford Holland for first 12months any help would be greatly appreciated Jim mac
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Re: Dutch registered lhd lotus

Post by Rick »

Hi Jim, the chassis number is a Lotus Cortina item but unusual as it's LHD, most of the LHD cars were made in batches, this one seems to be a one off, you need to satisfy yourself that the car you are buying is the same car that bore that chassis number in 1966, if you need more info contact me at lotuscortinareg@aol.com
gt-for-now
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2215

Re: Dutch registered lhd lotus

Post by gt-for-now »

It does not ring a bell with me, but I have written an email to one of the committee members of the EFCN (English Ford Club Netherlands) with the request to comment.
At the time I did the vehicle register for the Cortina MK1 O.C. I added data of all known cars within the EFCN to the MK1 O.C. database, but it's not there either.
Do you have photos, or better still, the Dutch registration number?

Regards,

Marcel
Holland