Motorsport at the Palace

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

cockney
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2165

Motorsport at the Palace

Post by cockney »

Why are we not having a club stand this year, what is the reason for this as I have been asked by the organisers because I approached them for a ticket. This is a great event I have attended this event for the past 5yrs.
H Cortina
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2088

Re: Motorsport at the Palace

Post by H Cortina »

Steve Booker has taken the lead in booking a stand for Crystal Palace. I'm sure he will correct me if i'm wrong but the first couple of years getting cars on the stand was easy but enthusiasm has waned for last 2 years.

From my own experience it is frustrating to book a stand and then try and get say at least interest from five members. You end up persuading people to attend.

It's a great event that I've attended three times but I will now skip for a couple of years and do other shows.

Any paid up club member can arrange a stand at an event and then advertise here or in QB. Too late for this year but let's review for 2016.
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Re: Motorsport at the Palace

Post by Steve 155C »

Yep , that's why. The last two years I think we managed to get 2 LC's on the stand each day out of an allocation of 5 per day. I agree it is a great show ,but the support for it from members has faded.

Also , another reason is I am away for the week running up to and including the show , and the organizers only send out the tickets during the week before , so I would not be around to receive them and forward them on.