Made in Dagenham

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Eamonn Byrne
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 1179

Made in Dagenham

Post by Eamonn Byrne »

If anyone gets the chance to get to see the Musical at the Adelphi Theatre in the West End they should.
We went the a few days ago and it was great.
The wife came with me under protest but had to agree it was excellent and great fun
At various times they have a Jeep, 3 dogems and a Mk2 convertible (probably a Crayford) ironically with a set of very nice seats that I doubt ever came out of the Dagenham trim shop.
If you are in London with a bit of time to spare go for it, you can get tickets roughly half price from many of the ticket booths dotted around the area.

Eamonn
GoLotus
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 0

Re: Made in Dagenham

Post by GoLotus »

It might look like a Crayford from a distance, but if you look closely you'll see its a 4 dr. If you look even more closely, you'll see its not even a Cortina! It is in fact a glass fibre shell made from a mould that appears to have been taken off a real car.

BTW, if anyone does want to go, the production team have been in touch with us at the MkIIOC with a special club members offer:

"Top price tickets just £39.50 (usually £69.50) or 3rd price tickets just £25 (usually £45). Valid for Monday to Friday performances from Monday 17th November until Friday 19th December. Subject to availability."

If you would like to make use of this offer, email the MkIIOC for full details at:

info@fordcortinamk2oc.co.uk
Eamonn Byrne
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 1179

Re: Made in Dagenham

Post by Eamonn Byrne »

Our tickets were about £32 from a ticket booth for the circle but you could see well from there.
Coincidentally my car was one of the few built during the month of the strike (June 1968 build code HK).
It has a set of Microcell recliners in the front which I believe might have been fitted at Dagenham to get the car out of the works. The Microcells were on Ford options list.
I have traced the owners back to about 1972 and the Microcells were with the car in that period.
Enjoy the show.