LCR National Day

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Scott Simpson
The Gearbox Man
LCR Membership Number: 463

LCR National Day

Post by Scott Simpson »

I see from the latest QB, that our National Day is to be held at Donnington Park circuit, as guests of the RS owners club.
I've visited the RS owners web-site, but they are only giving details of the track sessions. Does anyone in the know, have details of costs for entry and camping, if its available? As Geoff mentions, the next QB is due out just before the date of the show (20th July), so it'd be nice to get an earlier heads-up.
I'm also well pieved, as I sold my Mondeo last year!!
Scott :lol:
Simon G
East UK Event Rep
LCR Membership Number: 609

Post by Simon G »

Until I saw the latest QB I wasn't aware that the National Day venue had been changed. Is there any particular reason for the change of venue?
H Cortina
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2088

National day

Post by H Cortina »

Apologies I was not aware a National Day had been agreed? Donnington is not cast in stone, please feel free to post positive or negative thoughts here.

I will post entry costs etc at weekend.
ALAN YKK
Petrolhead
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by ALAN YKK »

The last 2 nationals at Branshatch have been faultless!
If it ain't broke don't fix it
L2Man
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2222

Post by L2Man »

I will attend brands hatch but not Donnington owing to distance involved.
So will watch with interest, i have heard that brands hatch do everything to please whereas other venues have a more take it or leave it approach.
Another parade lap would do it for me!!
Cheers
Brendan
pbutilities
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2044

Post by pbutilities »

ALAN YKK wrote:The last 2 nationals at Branshatch have been faultless!
If it ain't broke don't fix it
I second that brands was the best,donnington just a bit to far for me :oops:
Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Post by Pete G »

L2Man wrote:I will attend brands hatch but not Donnington owing to distance involved.
So will watch with interest, i have heard that brands hatch do everything to please whereas other venues have a more take it or leave it approach.
Another parade lap would do it for me!!
Cheers
Brendan
Me too,- but as I am fairly local I'm biased,
It's not the best location for all being south of London!
Silverstone & Donnington are more central
Simon G
East UK Event Rep
LCR Membership Number: 609

Post by Simon G »

This is just my opinion but I think that the Lotus Festival is probably the best location we have ever had for a National Day. The last two events we have held there (particularly the 50th) I think have helped to raise the profile of the marque and the LCR. Interest in the Lotus Cortina has never been higher.

There is no doubt that the Lotus Festival is a prestigious event and Brands a premier venue. We also have the freedom to organise our own National Day rather than act as a supporting role to another club. The only potential drawback for this year could be that there may be restrictions on free ticket allocations. I am currently awaiting clarification from Paul Golding, the Festival organiser.

Sadly due to work commitments I won't be able to get involved in this year's National Day but I am happy to provide support and assistance to Howard if required.

Simon
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

I have only just got over the bridge from Essex into Kent....... :wink:
sprint-gt
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2145

Post by sprint-gt »

So when and where is the National going to be held? I can't see a date anywhere.
sprint-gt
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2145

Post by sprint-gt »

Sorry but just noticed it is 20th July.
I would definitely go to Brands.
David Baldock
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 57

Post by David Baldock »

Isn't 20th July Uxbridge Car Show day?

I was looking forward to that!

Dave B
Graham139
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 139

Post by Graham139 »

I went to the LCR's National Weekend at Brands on both days in 2012 and had a fantastic weekend with my son and grandson. It was undoubtably the best and most enjoyable car show I have attended to date - and I've attended well over a hundred over the past 30 years or so! The number of Lotus Cortinas in attendance over the two days I believe was one of the highest for an LCR National weekend too. I was truly gutted that I couldn't make it for the club's 50th anniversary last year due to a family holiday to Menorca which was booked well before the date of the LCR National Day was announced, and I was looking forward to going to Brands again this year - the date is already inked in the diary - I understood that it was to be held over the weekend of 16/17 August? I agree - Brands is best for everything Lotus - and for all Lotus Nuts!!
Scott Simpson
The Gearbox Man
LCR Membership Number: 463

Post by Scott Simpson »

I' presuming someone on the commitee has organised the Donnington event, as the details for the LCR club stand at this years Uxbridge Autoshow, which I sent to Geoff, were ommited from the latest QB.
I have assumed this is because of the date clashing with the do at Donnington.
I always look forward to Uxbridge, its a good show and there aren't too many of those in west London. I'd definitely go to our National, whatever it clashes with, but with a dodgy hip, I doubt I could drive my L/C that far
at the moment, so I hope the RS boys will look upon my Jag X-type as a kind of distant relative!
I'd prefer Brands Hatch, as we could benefit from another great turnout, due to the sucess of our 50th there. However, there are many club members a long way from the southeast, so can understand if it's not a universally popular choice.
Scott
H Cortina
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2088

National Day

Post by H Cortina »

Fear not all of you as I have a cunning plan. Keep the comments coming until the weekend when I'm home and I'll sort the confusion out so everyone is happy.

Ps

Donington was my idea, but as I've said it's not cast in stone.

Pps

From now on can everybody send me any event details and I'll try and ensure everything gets listed somewhere.