Silverstone Classic 2014, 25/26/27th July

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Silverstone Classic 2014, 25/26/27th July

Post by Rick »

We now have details of next years Silverstone Classic event, It was discussed at the LCR AGM that we would not pay for a club stand for 2014 at this event, however Silverstone Classic have dropped any club charges for 2014 so it will not cost the LCR anything to have a club stand, never a club to turn down a freebee here are the details:

the club booking referance is C14038 THIS MUST BE ENTERED ON THE BOOKING FORM. which is accessed online at www.silverstoneclassic.com as last year it is up to individual members to make their own bookings for the event and for camping, but please let me know if you are going so we can organise the stand for numbers etc.

Now the costs which surprise surprise have gone up: Friday£39, Saturday£60, Sunday£55. Two day tickets Fri/Sat £70, Sat/Sun £80, weekend pass £95. these prices are the early bird prices which end on the 31st March 2014, after that the prices rise again.

Camping Costs have also risen, there is only a weekend pass available this is £49 per person, for children between 6-16 the cost is £16.50, children under 5 go free.

We hope to have more information in the next QB
David Baldock
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 57

Post by David Baldock »

What about Donnington, 3rd, 4th & 5th May.

They don't charge for club stands either!

Ok, so Team Lotus Cortinas never raced there, but so what!

Dave B
GeoffTSJ
QB Editor
LCR Membership Number: 2115

Post by GeoffTSJ »

From a purely selfish competitor perspective Donington has much going for it. All cars in one paddock area, great track with demanding and flowing fast corners and the feeling of being of value to the event.
David Baldock
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 57

Post by David Baldock »

Following a month of eerie silence, can I take it that no one is this club is interested in a club stand at Donnington?

Dave B
sprint-gt
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2145

Post by sprint-gt »

I will be going to Silverstone on Sat/Sun.
Camping is not for me these days so have booked a room at Holiday Inn Express in Banbury. This is not far from Silverstone and also works out cheaper and more comfortable than camping when two are going.
Regarding Donnington, I have never been there so would definitely consider this if a club stand is proposed.
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Post by Rick »

The last date for discounted tickets is 31st May. Silverstone have also confirmed that the LCR will have a parade lap on Sat evening which was postponed from last year
waf
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 847

Post by waf »

Booked my tickets today for Sat/Sun :D