Brian Hendy

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

Lotus Outlaws
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2310

Brian Hendy

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

I have been told by an older friend of mine that a certain fella called Brian Hendy of Hendy Ford Group used to race a lotus cortina in the 60s does anybody have any info on him or know of the car that he used to race, as this friend told me an interesting story.

Thanks
Chris
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

There is a John Hendy who ran a dealership - may be related.

Wayne on here will know him as he bought a stash of parts of him last year.
martin k
Minilite monster
LCR Membership Number: 1981

Post by martin k »

i think that's the John Hendy who runs the car breakers in north london and not the dealership.quite sure they are not related.
Opec V8
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 1480

Post by Opec V8 »

Percy Hendy was based on the south coast and was the first ford dealership in the UK (Google him its all on the web), when I traced UGY's history back I contacted Lennox Hendy of Portsmouth and was told that its still a family business owned by a Hendy family member who has a LC, this was 6 months ago.
Lotus Outlaws
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2310

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

I recently went down Cornwall to buy some mk1 parts;when Igot there the fella said because I had made the 600 mile round trip he would give me a steering wheel that had been hanging on his wall for nearly 30 years' it turned out to be aLes Leston mk1 wheel ;the story behind it is that somone he knew at ford used supply Fella called Brian Hendy for his lotus for racing or ralling and this Brian at some point gave him the wheel who then pasted it onto the fella I had it off
Lashman
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 1855

Post by Lashman »

i have seen a mk1 lotus on display at the Hendy Southampton Ford dealership during events.