National Day update - Lotus Festival 18th/19th Aug 2012

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Hi Simon - Rikki has asked if you can put his name down for the Karting race.

Thanks.
Simon G
East UK Event Rep
LCR Membership Number: 609

Post by Simon G »

Will do Steve
martin hood
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2060

Post by martin hood »

Hi there to you all, this sounds like it will be a great w/e pity I won't be there but my son will be coming on Sun afternoon and I wonder if anyone could help me solve a logistcal problem.

Matthew (the son in question) will be collecting an engine that Geoff L has kindly agreed to look after until he gets there, but I also have an engine out of my race car that needs to go back to John Smirtwaite for a rebuild, so I am wondering if there is anyone travelling from the midlands are that would be willing to take my engine 'up north' with then when they leave Brands on Sunday evening ?

I realise that not may people will want a 120kg lump putting into their pride and joy, but maybe someone will be there with a second car ? The engine will be dry of fluids, well fixed onto a wooden pallet & plastic wrapped, and I am willing to contribute towards fuel money as a tempter. John is willing to colect the engine from a 50 mile radius of his place near Tamworth CV9 3EW.

Anyone willing to help, please pm me or post hear to arrange things, and many thanks in advance - plus have a great weekend there !!!!!!

Cheers, Martin
Steve 155C
Site Admin

Post by Steve 155C »

Hi Martin , as a plan B maybe you could use a UK pallet delivery service.
I've seen this one recommended although I've not used it:

http://www.etsltd.co.uk/online/

I don't think they are expensive.

That way all you have to do is find some to take your engine home (your son?) and wait for collection.
Simon G
East UK Event Rep
LCR Membership Number: 609

Post by Simon G »

The weather is looking great for the weekend. Looking forward to meeting you all at Brands. Hope you all have a safe trip there and back.

Simon
martin hood
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2060

Post by martin hood »

Steve, hi there & thanks for the info ref pallet shipping - not expensive at about 50 quid from kent to tamworth area.

I've just a couple of other logistical issue to solve beforehand, but this seems to be the best option at the moment, so thanks for the lead on this.
cjthorley
Petrolhead
LCR Membership Number: 2319

Post by cjthorley »

hi all i know its a bit late in the game but are there any discounted tickets available for this weekend?
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Post by Rick »

Meeting up for Saturday morning, we have a meeting point at Clackett Lane services on the east bound ( anti clock ) M25 at 8.45, can the Sussex boys get there in time? anyone else who is using the M25 feel free to join in.
David Baldock
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 57

Post by David Baldock »

I'm planning to be ensconsed at Brands by half eight so will see you there.

Dave B
Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Post by Pete G »

Rob wrote:
Pete G wrote:Anyone north of the river want to meet up and travel in convoy for the last few miles?
I'll be meeting up with Colin, Keith & Don on the north side of the Dartford crossing possibly at the Thurrock services, time TBA
Pete & Guys
Let me know if you are meeting up as Wayne and myself will join you if thats okay. Mind you HNO still got plenty of water getting into sump, must be water pump as head been off twice and tested all okay. Worried about breaking down so might put car on lorry if I dont fix it this weekend.

Wayne also taking CHJ. This will be its maiden voyage, so again reliability unknown. ?

Oh the joys of classic motoring????????? :D
Rob
We are meeting up at Thurrock services 8.30

Anyone else north of the river who can be at the crossing about that time are welcome

Pete
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

Pete - get a new SatNav - Pitsea is east of Dartford....... :oops:

Well done Simon for organising this (I counted 22 cars) - I must say Kent is not bad after all apart from the mountainous terrain... I might even be persuaded to go again :wink:

Had a most enjoyable day & nice to see some new faces and cars. Hope the overnight celebrations go down well !

Keith Image
Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Post by Pete G »

great day

Queueing for the parade lap

Just one of the family

Steve 155C
Site Admin

Post by Steve 155C »

Just got back from a great day. Nice to meet some new members and catch up with old ones. All cars were fantastic. Brands is a great venue.
Good food and drink , clean toilets , friendly staff and racing - what more could you want.

A big thanks to Simon G and his family for organising this. Very well done.

I'm sure those going tomorrow will have an excellent time. I'm sure there will be some hangovers from those camping tonight.
colinrnk
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2173

Post by colinrnk »

Great day loved it ,seeing the VUR cars together was something else well done SImon Rick and Andy .
H Cortina
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2088

Post by H Cortina »

Sorry to let the side down but i've been called in to work Sunday. 1000 apologies as i know the hard work that goes in to these events.

Looks like Saturday was a blinder!