Any info on OWO 650F or OBW 24F ?

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

alibob
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Any info on OWO 650F or OBW 24F ?

Post by alibob »

We are currently restoring OWO and would be grateful for any information. Unfortunately it was somewhat "lashed-up" at some time before being sold to the current owner but we are doing our best to get it back to how it should be. It was purchased in Essex and is now in our workshops in Cornwall.

OBW 24F may not be the exact reg as I know it from my apprenticeship days, 33 years ago (Lambs of Loughton) and belonged to Keith Williams who I had the honour to be apprenticed to.
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Post by Rick »

We have details on both cars. the info we hold is from 80s not a lot since.
Scott Simpson
The Gearbox Man
LCR Membership Number: 463

Post by Scott Simpson »

Hi Bob,
I think OWO was owned by a friend of Bryan Moorcroft's (of Nailsea Services and unequalled L/C knowledge). I'm sure you can track him down via the garage or the Mk 1 cortina owners club.
I seem to remember his friend was called Baz, but that's about it.
Scott
alibob
Learner Driver

Post by alibob »

Cheers Scott
I will "go fish" tomorrow.
Its Alan btw (amalgamation of Alan Robert....blame my dear old mum)
alibob
Learner Driver

Post by alibob »

I know the car was purchased last year in Essex
BLUEANDWHITE66
Regular

owo 650f

Post by BLUEANDWHITE66 »

a freind of mine sold it last yr on ebay to the current owner , do you want me to ask him about anything in particular about it ?
mike
alibob
Learner Driver

Post by alibob »

Hello Blue and White....Sorry I didn't see the post earlier. I just wondered what was done before he sold it and did he do the work himself? The bodywork is obvious but I was thinking more about drivetrain and engine.
Cheers.
BLUEANDWHITE66
Regular

owo 650f

Post by BLUEANDWHITE66 »

sorry, cant shed much light on the car, i spoke to him today and asked him about the car, how you see it is more or less how he got it, but he did say that the engine may have had different cams fitted and that it was a pretty strong unit, not much to go on , sorry .
mike
smh
Learner Driver

Post by smh »

Hi Alibob, I owned OWO650F quite a while ago - about 22 years ago!
I bought it from a chap that was going to road rally it. The gearbox had had 3rd and 4th swapped - not an easy feat or particularly good for the engine if you forgot!
I was originally going to give it a quick respray and refresh the engine, though as always with such a simple project, ended up off the road for a couple of years!
I replaced the front wings, headlamp panels, valance, outer sills, rear arches, rear valance, repaired the top plates and more... During the rebuild I got married and (she's no longer my wife) she hated the car. Once finished I kept it for a while but then was forced to sell it. Ended up losing so much money trading it in for a bloody Peugeot .

Anyhows, I still have some pictures of what it looked like when it was finished, if I dig them out I will try and scan them if you like?

Good luck with the rebuild, would love to see it finished.
Cheers

Steve
alibob
Learner Driver

Post by alibob »

Hello Steve
Sorry its been such a long time to reply.
To cut a long story short and to set aside the fact that this car came to me with 11 months MOT (I pulled one of the jacking points off by hand!) I am waiting for her to come back from the body shop for final re-fit.

I have loads of photos of ther rebuild ncluding some repair panels we made ourselves. I guess everyone on here has seen a few piccies of such things so I won't bore you all with them.

Cheers
Al
Scott Simpson
The Gearbox Man
LCR Membership Number: 463

Post by Scott Simpson »

Hi Al,
None of us on here ever tire of seeing pics of L/C's, either before, during or post restoration. Wack on as many as you can!
Good luck with the build up.
Scott
Plymouthosprey
Learner Driver

Post by Plymouthosprey »

Can someone get hold of any photos of OWO 650F please, can't believe she's still around! A big part of my childhood belongs to that car, thanks in advance, Neil.