The very first Mk1 Lotus Cortina off the production line?

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

david25
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by david25 »

Robin,

Not sure if this thread is alive. Bertie Sutherland was my Grandfather, he died in 2002 well into his 90s.

I have his scrap books of all his rally exploits. I have just moved abroad so need to locate it in the boxes, to see what cars he had it on.

Off the top of my head he ran NS2525 on Rileys in the 50's Monte Carlos. NS2525 is alive and well and owned by me, although currently residing on my fathers car whilst I am abroad.

He also had NS25. NS3535 was also owned by the family, I would need to check with my parents but I seem to remember they had it on a car when I was 5 or 6.
robin2c4
Learner Driver

Post by robin2c4 »

David,

Many thanks for your post.

I've sent you a note direct to your Inbox on this website with my personal e-mail address - it would be good to correspond off the Forum on this I think.

Regards,

Robin
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

This might be completely unrelated but saw this post another forum , and it mentioned this car from Scotland being registered as ASK2. Wondered if it could have been owned by the same family mentioned above that used the ASK1 number plate?

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread. ... 0-KRS104V-(1600-sport)-where-are-you

"KRS104V (1600 sport) where are you?
I don't know if my old car still exists, but on the offchance it is parked up in the back of a shed somewhere, I thought I would have one last try at finding it. In 1983ish I bought a Nordic Blue 1600 Sport registered KRS104V from a dealer in Elgin. I became the second owner; it had previously been registered as ASK 2 and had lived in Aberdeenshire. I finally sold the car to a dealer in Stamford, Lincs in 1987.

I slightly damaged the car in snow and the above pic was taken just before she went in to be repaired properly.
She was probably broken for parts long ago, but you never know"
robin2c4
Learner Driver

Post by robin2c4 »

Hi Steve -

I'll ask the family, but I don't recall them mentioning this number plate before, so I doubt it. If I learn anything I'll post back here.

According to the MyCarCheck.com website, ASK 2 is now on a 2003 Volvo V70 Estate.

The other registration number quoted KRS 104V appears to be out of circulation.

Robin