can anyone supply info on FEV 157H

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

johnd
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2253

can anyone supply info on FEV 157H

Post by johnd »

Hi I'm chasing any info on this car (FEV 157H) and also advice as to what other steps I can take to search its history. I've been in contact with DVLA but apparently privacy issues mean they cannot release information? Am I asking the wrong question or speaking to the wrong person? or maybe both??

The car is currently in ermine white with the green stripe and appears to have always been white but the stripe has been added.

your assistance would be greatly appreciated
kevflight
Minilite monster
LCR Membership Number: 2213

Post by kevflight »

Hi John

I had a similar request on here about info on my car and the guys on here where very helpfull, and I found out all the info back to the first registered keeper being Ford Motor Co in my case .

Firstly you must be the registered keeper then you can obtain the form from DVLA website to request registration info it cost about £5.

Below was the info I acted upon from Tommy

"Hi Kev the D.V.L.A. will not tell you anything over the phone, but if you are the registered keeper you can request all the registration history they hold. Just fill out the form and send it with a cheque for £5 to Swansea and they will send you all they have".

The info you will recieve from DVLA will only be back to 1973 when they centralised registration details to Swansea. Then you will have to write to the local auhtority where the vehicle was first registered to find the final bit of the history, this is where some problems may exist as some councils have trashed their records whilst some have still got it like mine from Essex local authority.

The info cost me £21 in total.

Good luck

Regards
Kev
Lashman
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 1855

Post by Lashman »

Hi John,
It's also worth getting touch Andy or Rick to find out what the LCR knows of the car, etc.
Cheers
Louis
johnd
Learner Driver

Post by johnd »

Kev

Many thanks for your super fast reply! This car was purchased with the MOT (registration) not current so does that mean I have to show proof of purchase (and of course pay the money) to get the info?

If British registration authorities are anything like we have here I tend to think I'm more likely to get info from you guys than from them.

Anyway thanks again for your help and I'll recheck with DVLA
johnd
Learner Driver

Post by johnd »

Louis I'm new to LCR, joined sept last year and paid up today!! How do I do that? by PM or within this forum??

thanks, johnd
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

The car has to be registered in your name with the DVLA before they will release info to you about the previous owners. It doesn't matter if the car is MOT'd or not.
johnd
Learner Driver

Post by johnd »

Steve, thank you.

Ok the next (official) steps are mine I'll let you know how I go.

johnd
robertverhey
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by robertverhey »

Hello John

DVLA will give some basic information on their website search. http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

I suspect you've already done this. As the other posts above indicate, that's as far as you get without being the registered owner. If you're considering purchasing a currently registered UK vehicle, you could ask the current owner to make the inquiries and pass on the information to you.

In my case, both LCs I imported were unregistered, so DVLA was a dead end. But LCR provided information about previous owners and I tracked them down and they provided some very interesting history and some photos.

Regards

Robert
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Post by Rick »

Hi John, we have very little info on this car, we do have 1 previous owner for the car but thats all.
Scott Simpson
The Gearbox Man
LCR Membership Number: 463

Post by Scott Simpson »

Hi John,
What colour is the interior? Not beechnut (Tan) by any chance is it? Is the green stripe missing from the back panel?
I've encountered a few FEV registered cars over the years and that could have been one of them.
Scott
johnd
Learner Driver

Post by johnd »

Scott, thanks for the reply. If this car ever had tan interior its now standard black. The carpet is quite old and crappy so if the tan cars had tan carpet the entire interior must have been changed and replaced with (very) secondhand stuff. The car has had a recent repaint (5-10 years) and now has the green stripe across the rear - but not quite done correctly. Its currently in pretty standard unrestored condition and although a little tired still fairly reasonable throughout.
If you think of anything else i'd love to know.

regards
johnd
Scott Simpson
The Gearbox Man
LCR Membership Number: 463

Post by Scott Simpson »

John,
Years of alcohol abuse have severely damaged what's left of my neanderthal brain, but I seem to remember a car with that registration no (or very similar) turning up at the West London pubmeet some years back (10 or more). 2 guys from north London brought it along and they seemed to think
it was an ex-Ford management vehicle, which was probably correct, as Ford are their own biggest customer. Contact Essex county council at Chelmsford, Essex. They still have their vehicle registers and will issue a certificate saying where the car was sold and to who. I think I got charged a few quid when I did this for my old Mk 2 HNO.
Good luck.
Scott
kevflight
Minilite monster
LCR Membership Number: 2213

Post by kevflight »

Hi John

If you car was first registered in Essex then as I said in my earlier post they still have the records as they provided the info for my car XOO first registered in March 68 so I would think yours (a H plate) would be there as it is two plates after mine as H is 1970 some time.

Good luck with the trace.

Regards
Kev