Ireland Area Rep

Location-specific discussions

Moderator: LCR Members

jmcg
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by jmcg »

on a different note ,tommy you should be our local rep ,i see some people have taken up the post in other uk parts ,who is the n ireland rep?
jagharry
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2109

Post by jagharry »

I would agree with jmcg any northern irish LC owner is as passionate as anyone else,and i believe that tommy has a great knowlege of the LC and a helpful friend to any LC owner.He helped me many times and i would be the first to support him in any way.
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

jmcg wrote:on a different note ,tommy you should be our local rep ,i see some people have taken up the post in other uk parts ,who is the n ireland rep?
Hi jmcg - there isn't an Ireland rep yet. Would be great is some stepped forward to be it though.
jmcg
Regular

Post by jmcg »

i would vote tommy in if he was to offer himself up ,mainly due to his commitment to this site plus jap harry seems to vote in favour off tommy also ,there should be a rep here there are many lotus fans this side off the water
tommy
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 1693

Post by tommy »

I am flattered guys, :oops: but as I am the local rep for another mainland (non ford) club it might be hard for me to do both.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying an outright no, but just that, with organising show stands etc, being a pain in the arse for 1 club, 2 maybe just too much for 1 man.
Tommy
jmcg
Regular

Post by jmcg »

Tommy i dont know what the rep has to do but if you change your mine you have my vote and any help i can be.
Steve 155C
Site Admin

Post by Steve 155C »

The area rep can do as much or little as they please. Basically they are the eyes and ears for the LC world in your part of the globe , and local point of contact for local members.

Some regular feedback into the QB on your local scene would be nice.

Come on Tommy - you know you wanna do it :lol:
jagharry
Learner Driver

Post by jagharry »

Tommy i know that your the one for the job and i also know that there is LC owners who would benefit from your knowledge in this part of the world,so please step up to the mark and allow jmcg and the rest of us to give you all the help and support we can
tommy
Woodrim

Post by tommy »

Thanks guys, I see it as an honour to be asked to represent the LCR, but I am still worried that I have the spare time to do the job justice.
I think we N.I. members need to have a chat about this and maybe a monthly, or quarterly meet somewhere, would be a good first step to getting something going over here. Any suggestions about a meeting place welcome.
Tommy
jmcg
Regular

Post by jmcg »

how many members are there on the club from here ..............................?
jagharry
Learner Driver

Post by jagharry »

Great idea Tommy,what about a hotel in the middle,
say Ballymena ,Cookstown or Magherafelt and mabye jmcg might make a donation for the liquid refreshment :wink:
tommy
Woodrim

Post by tommy »

Hi Jerry, I think there's only the 3 of us on this forum, but there are more out there, who at least used to be members, Robin Walsh for 1 and I know big Donald Turner still has his mk1 lotus. There are more than that, I am sure, maybe Rick could tell us the who's and where's.
Sounds good to me Harry, once the salts gone, any excuse for a run out in the lotus is good for me. Have you any experience of the hostleries around that bit of the country, so you could give us some recommendations?
Tommy
Steve 155C
Site Admin

Post by Steve 155C »

Tommy - drag old Joe O'Kane senior out and tell him his old car is making progress.
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Post by Rick »

Hi Tommy, we currently have 8 members with BT postcodes, and a further 16 ex members going back nearly 30 years, there are also 3 members in the ROI,
jagharry
Learner Driver

Post by jagharry »

What about the Galgorm Manor? Its a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location and it might be expensive enough to give jmcg's wallet a heart attack .but to be serious i cant wait to meet other LC FANATICS and compare notes