Moderator: LCR Members

Simon G
East UK Event Rep
LCR Membership Number: 609

Eastern Region Events in 2010

Post by Simon G »

Eastern region events in 2010

Shuttleworth Collection Vintage Vehicle Day – 22nd May 2010

I have recently received the following information regarding a show being held at the Shuttleworth Collection, Old Warden Park, Bedfordshire:

‘The Shuttlworth Collection would like to invite your club to our Vintage Vehicle Day on Saturday 22nd May 2010. This will be the first time that the Shuttleworth Collection has hosted a vehicle orientated event for a number of years and we would like to establish this as an annual event. It is planned to create a garden party atmosphere with all participants parked on the display field, allowing visitors to view the visiting vehicles’.

The Shuttleworth Collection was created by Mrs Dorothy Shuttleworth in memory of her only son Richard who was killed in a flying accident in 1940. Between 1931 and 1940 Richard Shuttleworth raced and collected historic racing cars. The Collection also includes over 50 aircraft all in flying condition. The entire collection is housed in eight floodlit hangars.

All drivers of pre-registered vehicles will enjoy free access to the event. The admission price for additional adults will be £10.00. Accompanied children under 16 are entitled to free entry.

This sounds like an interesting venue. If any members are interested in attending please contact me and I will forward a booking form.

Norfolk Gala Day – date still to be confirmed (probably late August)

This is an excellent show that has been running in various formats for over 25 years. It is a large event that attracts approximately 500 individual entrants into the Old Car Rally plus a further 1000 cars from vehicle clubs. Held at an excellent venue on the 150 acre Royal Norfolk Showground (just off the A47 outside Norwich), the show is now one of the biggest annual motoring events in the East Anglian region. In addition to the classic cars, there are also large displays of commercial vehicles, motorcycles etc. However, the best thing about this show is there is something for everyone, including trade stands, events in the main arena, helicopter rides etc.

I am still awaiting confirmation as to whether camping facilities will be available but there is plenty of space on the site so I don’t see this as a problem. There are plenty of toilet/washing facilities dotted around the site. However, depending on the number of members who might wish to attend it might be also be possible to accommodate a limited number of people at my house prior to the event. If there is not space in the house, you are more than welcome to pitch a tent in the garden! As an added incentive, I will also be offering a free BBQ at my house (weather permitting of course). I have space in my drive to securely park up to three cars. I am still awaiting further details from the show’s organisers. More information will be published in the next QB and also on the forum.

Ford Fair 2010 – Silverstone – 8th August 2010

This is a well established event that has been running for many years. Last year’s show attracted approximately 3400 cars from 139 vehicle clubs.

There is a concours competition and the opportunity to partake in a track session (there will be a fee payable for track sessions - details to be confirmed).

I have registered my details with the show’s organisers and I am now awaiting receipt of the newsletter which should give more details.

If anyone is interested, please contact me and I can register the details with the show’s organisers.

Simon Godfrey
Simon G
East UK Event Rep
LCR Membership Number: 609

Post by Simon G »

This is an update on events in the Eastern Region

Ford Fair - Silverstone
I have received more details on 'Ford Fair' at Silverstone on the 8th August. The only drawback is the entry fees and other costs of entering concours, track sessions etc. Here are the details anyway:

Entry fee is £14.00 per person if attending as part of a vehicle club.

Entry fee for concours is £25.00 (includes entry ticket)

Track sessions are £30.00.

If anyone is interested in attending please let me know.

Norfolk Gala Day - Royal Norfolk Showground
I have received confirmation that this event will be held on Sunday 5th September. Camping is available on the site on the Saturday evening. Entry is free for the driver and up to three passengers. The show organisers only require a nominal entry fee of £5.00 per vehicle club. As stated before, I am offering hospitality at my place if anyone is interested in attending.

I have also received information on a show called 'Pure Nostalgia Classic Car & Retro Show' being held on Sunday 27th June at the Lawn, Rochford, Essex. As well as the classic vehicles, the show includes Vintage fashions, automotive art, side stalls, refreshments and music. There are prizes for the best three cars in the show and the best dressed passenger. Entry fee is £10.00 per vehicle (includes driver and all passengers). Entries must be pre-booked by 27th May. If anyone wishes to go, please let me know and I will either post or email an application form.

Simon