155HCR

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

Chunkychucky
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

155HCR

Post by Chunkychucky »

Hi there, I owned a mark 1 Lotus Cortina registered 155HCR in the mid-eighties. The car was prepared as a historic touring car by Simon Hadfield, and raced by his father George Hadfield in the Classic Saloon Car Club (now CTCRC) pre-65 saloon car championship. I bought the car from Simon after George rolled it and no longer wanted to race. I campaigned the car with some success, subsequently selling it in 1985 to Ken Kendall. Ken told me the car would then be shipped out to Germany, and that's the last I heard. If anyone out there knows anymore about this car, please let me know as i'd love the know what has happened to it.

Many thanks,

Glenn.
Lashman
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 1855

Post by Lashman »

Hi Welcome to the forum,
The reg number do'sent ring a bell, any photos?
Cheers
Louis
martin k
Minilite monster
LCR Membership Number: 1981

Post by martin k »

did it run with the reg on show in the pre 65 saloon car races ?
Chunkychucky
Learner Driver

Post by Chunkychucky »

Hey guys, cheers for the replies. I do have pictures of it but would need to a) find them and b) scan them onto my pc, but when I get a second I will duly do so. And yes it did run with the numberplate on.

Many thanks,

Glenn
martin k
Minilite monster
LCR Membership Number: 1981

Post by martin k »

i will have a look through my pre 65 pics to see if i have it :)
ray8829
Petrolhead
LCR Membership Number: 965

155 HCR

Post by ray8829 »

Hi, I thought it about time to let the register know that 155 HCR is now back in the UK and is presently having a bit of a 'make over'. (I would have liked to have added a few photos to the topic, but not sure how to do that yet.) Through the forum, I have made contact with both Glen and his son Charles, and also Simon Hadfield who prepared the car for racing originally. When the car is mobile again, I would like to show the car to the previous owners and try and establish who did what to the car before it was shipped to Germany as the car has had extensive modifications over the years. I am also in touch with some of the previous German owners who are researching their own archives to help with the cars history and I will keep the register informed of progress. I have found a couple of photos of the car in 1984/5 Autosport reports on the Classic Car Saloon Championship races, and would like to find a set of race champioship results for those two years as well, anybody sitting on a set in the attic? I feel an article for the quarter bumper brewing here?
monstermob13
Learner Driver

Post by monstermob13 »

Hi Glen,
Long time no see ,Hows life? looked for you on facebook recently.I contacted the guy who has HCR and offered him a copy of HCR at woodcoat with dear old George Madfield behind me and John Jarvis in the background. I have to scan it in so I can send it.
I always think about you and the kids when I drive past buckley.
Kind Regards Bunter (Dublin)