FGF 113C

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

RamJam wrote:I have found information which confirms Keiths post that the car is still with the Ford Heritage Collection based at Dagenham under the watchfull eye of Ron Staunton. I guess I will have to wait until it is taken to an event ...

Thanks for all your input ...

Andy
The entire collection would have moved from Gaydon when Ford sold off Land Rover to Tata this year, as the site was an ex-RAF base and was the property of BMW/Land Rover before the split in the 90's, then it moved to Ford ownership as part of the sell off. I guess Ford would have moved the collection back to Dagenham as it's one of the few sites still owned by them with enough space to house it. I'll ask my contacts within Ford if they know where it is now.

PS. Ron Staunton is dead now.
Keith Image
RamJam
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by RamJam »

3 phone calls to FMC head Office, Ford Information Line and some other Ford number given by head office and no-one seems to know where the Ford Heritage collection is.
I found an address for Ron Staunton, but this was obviously old.

I would buy it back if I had the chance, but might have to settle for another ..
paulh0789
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2147

Post by paulh0789 »

This article suggests the collection was at Dagenham in July 2008:

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/johnpow ... ticle.html
sutty234
Front wheel lifter

Post by sutty234 »

its on youtube being driven by james may on his programme "james mays 20th century" i`m sure someone can post it on here for you.i`m hopeless i`m afraid!
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

Apparently the cars are spread about the Company - some in Dunton, others in Shenfield and more in a garage somewhere - lack of a suitable home & bleak profit outlook might drive them to sell them off.

I'll see if I can find the latest curator.
Keith Image
RamJam
Learner Driver

Post by RamJam »

You remember that feeling when you were a kid, it was Christmas Eve and the excitement was building for that extra special present ......... :lol: :lol:
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

I though Ford were still adding to the collection. I'm sure I read on another forum that they recently bought a Series 1 RS Turbo.
martin k
Minilite monster
LCR Membership Number: 1981

Post by martin k »

this great story would make a great more in depth epic read in quarter bumper :)
RamJam
Learner Driver

Post by RamJam »

Hey Steve - Don't burst my bubble!! :lol: Actually, I am a realist and know that there is about as much chance of me owning FGF again as there is Jensen Button winning the F1 Championship.
However, I would like to own another aeroflow mk1 so if anyone knows of one - I am not trying to bypass joining the LCR to access the classifieds btw.
I intend to join from jan 2009 ...

Happy Christmas chaps ...
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

RamJam - just found this - makes interesting viewing

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xdPPAVIWmJk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xdPPAVIWmJk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
RamJam
Learner Driver

Post by RamJam »

Brings a lump to the throat - I used to have the same problem with the starter, but that was due to a worn pinion and ring gear. As nice as the SS100 in the video was I would much rather have FGF.
I rummaged through the loft today, trying to find the very first 6 or 7 editions of Quarter Bumper from when I was a member of the LCR many moons ago. I also had a program from the Snetterton CSSC race that I entered but I think I threw them away a while ago when the other half said I had too much 'rubbish' in the loft - I dread to think what else I may have disgarded ..... :cry:
RamJam
Learner Driver

Post by RamJam »

I emailed Stephen Laing, the Curator at Gaydon, where FGF was once exhibited and he gave me the name of John Nevill, the administrator of the Ford Heritage collection.
Now awaiting response from my email to John.
RamJam
Learner Driver

Post by RamJam »

So there IS a Santa !! John replied to say that the Ford Heritage Collection is not normally taken to shows but used for Media events. FGF is kept at a Workshop at Dagenham and if I was in the area, to let him know and ... :lol: 8) :lol:
I may be 'just passing' very soon ....
RamJam
Learner Driver

Post by RamJam »

Emailed John to arrange a visit to the Heritage collection to see FGF but unfortunately the workshop floor is being painted and I should email again in April - :( - Must be an apprentice with a 1" brush !!
martin k
Minilite monster
LCR Membership Number: 1981

Post by martin k »

or a very big workshop :) don't sound to inviting :(