Is XOO 869F still about????

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

adiebear
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by adiebear »

Just want to say thanks to the people who gave me info in searching for my Dad's mk2.
As you can see from the above post its alive and will soon be very well!

Just incase anyone is interested it was my Dad who resprayed it back in the mid 70's I won't give his details as I know he'll probably be strung up for it :)

Thanks again
Ade
kevflight
Minilite monster
LCR Membership Number: 2213

XOO 869F

Post by kevflight »

Hi Adrian

It was great to speak to you earlier today and thanks for some history about the car. I have sent you a few pictures of the car as it is today and will send more in the next few days.

I must admit after hearing you say on this site that it was black when your dad sold it!! I was glad to hear it was your dad who painted it black, and the explination of him being a big F1 fan and in particular a JPS fan sort of explains the black and gold. However as I said there is no signs of that now so it has obviously been changed back to its original colour white as all my documents and chassis plate say. the wax oiling your dad did, also explains why the shell was so well preserved, a bit of forthought on your dads part EH.

I hope your dad is happy to know the car has gone to a loving home.

It would also be nice to know the exact dates your dad owned the vehicle to help build up the history after you have told him the news.

It will probably be the summer of next year before I have it back on the road because I don't fancy spending the winter in my garage and I will not get it all done this summer. :D :D :D :D

Regards and keep in touch.

Kev
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

Hi Adi

Just thought I would update you on my car. I have now obtained all the registration details from DVLA back to 1974 and Essex council records office back to first date of registration in 1968.

From the Essex records office the car was first registered to Ford Motor Company LTD Warley ( what they did there I don't know), the second owner the first retail owner was a Mr Graham Thomas Crickmore, and your dad Earnest Frank New of cosham Portsmounth was the third owner being only the second retail owner from what looks like 1973 its a bad copy on that date, to 1976, the logbook shows the change of colour to Black when he sold it to a Jennifer Ruth Wilkinson of Maclesfield as your dad has changed it on the sale part of the logbook. it has since stayed in the Manchester/Cheshire area since your dad sold it.

The colour then changes back to white/green sometime between the 5th and 7th owner in Manchester as the logbook then changes back to white when the car was sold in 1984.

Since then it has had a few more owners in the Manchester/Cheshire area until I bought it in 1993.

If you think about the vehicle condition the fact that it has had two resprays since it was new explains why the shell is in such good condition plus the fact that it was undersealed when I bought it.

Hope this makes a nice talking point with your dad and brings back some memories.

Regards
Kev
kevflight
Minilite monster

Re: Is XOO 869F still about????

Post by kevflight »

Hi Guys

Its been about 7-8 years since I posted any photos on the site, could someone tell me how to do it again is it still via photo bucket and if so how do I do it??

Regards
Kev
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Kev - no need for photobucket anymore. When you post a reply to a topic look down in the bottom left of where you are typing and you will see an "upload attachment" tab. Use that to search for photo''s on your PC and then click on the "add the file" button. Repeat for each photo you want to add.
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

Many thanks Steve.
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

20170305_132126.jpg
Wheel arch repair and outer tub being replaced
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

20170321_172711.jpg
Express front valance and one of the wheel arch repair panels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

20170309_164334.jpg
More money spent
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

20170310_185730.jpg
Jacking point removed OSF and only patch required in floor pan
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

Some more areas of repair underway with the outer wheel arch and tub replacements and repair
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

First hinge repaired using a Nissan Navarra hinge repair kit, just three more to go.
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

20170114_165249.jpg
In my new garage ready to start the restoration after 24 years of waiting and mounted on my new Colin Ginn spit
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

20170123_212250.jpg
Some little gems I found in my sons loft, forgot I had some of these. Plus my X5 with the rear seats down and full of parts from my brother in laws loft. This car has been spread apart for years and finally all coming back together ha ha.
20170123_212250.jpg
kevflight
Minilite monster

Post by kevflight »

More to follow as I progress.

Kev