NWA 2D

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

PaulR
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

NWA 2D

Post by PaulR »

Hello everyone apologies if I have already posted this somewhere else by mistake. Looking for Mk I LC reg no. NWA 2D which was my fathers car from 1966 to 1969. White with the green stripe, occasionally raced in club events. Thanks.
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Post by Rick »

no record of that number
tommy
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 1693

Post by tommy »

Could it actually be this car. WE and WA are both Sheffield City Council registrations.

Tommy
Craig
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2169

Post by Craig »

Hi Tommy and all,

If the car you are looking for was LWE 2D then it was owned by my friend Steve in 1976 when I bought my mk1 STF 427D and then LWE 2D was then owned by another mechanic friend of mine Tony in Sheffield in the early eighties.

It was left in Tonys workshop for about five years and the last time I saw it had a tree growing through the drivers side floor pan and then thought the bulkhead panel at Toney’s house in Sheffield.

It had been left outside his house for many many years under a cover and I was informed that it was then re-shelled but cannot say if it was or not, as by then it had left the Sheffield area but it was in a very bad way bodily. I hope it kept the original shell and was restored. I was then told a few years later that somehow it found its way onto the race circuit. I still see Steve and the last time we talked about LWE he said he had some pictures of her so I will see if I can copy some of them and post them on the forum

Craig
tommy
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 1693

Post by tommy »

This car (LWE 2D) was featured in the December 1988 copy of Supercar Classics magazine.
Scott Simpson
The Gearbox Man
LCR Membership Number: 463

Post by Scott Simpson »

Brian Gibson owned this car back in the 80's and was to be seen at many events with LWE. I last heard of it up in Ross, way up in Scotland, being restored by a father and son team.
Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Post by Pete G »

Though the reg was familiar, I am pretty sure I took this at Oulton in the mid 80s

Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

I also remember seeing this car on a poster advertising the Birmingham NEC Classic Car show in the past 10 years sometime.
Keith Image
sutty234
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by sutty234 »

i think it is still up here in sunny scotland.last i heard it was nearly finished.
paulh0789
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2147

Re: NWA 2D

Post by paulh0789 »

PaulR wrote:Hello everyone apologies if I have already posted this somewhere else by mistake. Looking for Mk I LC reg no. NWA 2D which was my fathers car from 1966 to 1969. White with the green stripe, occasionally raced in club events. Thanks.
PaulR....can you confirm it was NWA 2D you've lost or was it indeed LWE 2D after all???