New Meetings

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

New Meetings

Post by Rick »

Thought I would post this and see what the feedback is, feel free to comment.

I have noticed that in the USA they have early morning meetings at weekends at Diner's, car lots etc, these start between 6-7am and finish 9-10am, could this be of interest to us in the UK.

The advantages would be, not a lot of traffic first thing on a Sat or Sun morning, giving the opportunity to give the car a good blast, and to walk round with a big grin on your face for the rest of the weekend, still having the rest of the day to yourself to do those other important jobs like cutting the grass and shopping with she who must be obeyed.

It wouldn't be a formal event just turn up, could be held at a Little Chef, McDonalds, Greasy Spoon etc any where with a car park, have a coffee, breakfast, together with a chat with others, doesnt have to be limited to LCs but no MGBs.

Could be once a month, twice a month, or weekly during the summer months.

The venues would be local to members around the UK, would suggest that places on A roads would be better than Motorway service areas, hopefully get to see more LCs and meet more members in your area.
martin k
Minilite monster
LCR Membership Number: 1981

Post by martin k »

agree with the no mg's bit.good idea,but i think the weather would have a lot to do with it.
Lee B
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 1685

Post by Lee B »

would be good rick,
ive a young family and never have enough time especially at weekends but an early meet is good for me
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

The goodwood breakfast club is along the same lines and seems to be very popular.
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

The weather will always be the deciding factor, and thats out of our hands, but how many Sat mornings start off with clear blue skies only to become overcast and dull as the day goes on,
Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Post by Pete G »

I thought 6 & 7am only existed Monday to Friday!!
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

For the London area what about breakfast at the Ace Cafe, they are open from 7 in the morning.
TimB
Petrolhead
LCR Membership Number: 2066

Post by TimB »

Would suit me just around the corner from work and not far from home.