My freinds old Mk2 Lotus Cortina WWE 165G

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

Craig
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2169

My freinds old Mk2 Lotus Cortina WWE 165G

Post by Craig »

Hi all

Hope your pub meet on 30th goes well but it’s a bit far from Sheffield. That said does anyone have any info on my friends old Mk2 Lc Reg: WWB 165G. Registered in Sheffield when new. He only kept for approx 3 years and sold when 2nd boy was born, you know what women are like with new prams clothes and the rest etc. We were talking about our cars last week and that’s what sparked of his interest again in the car.

The car was as I remember was only about 8 years old at time and had wheel arch, sill and both front wings already replaced by then. He bought the car the same year I bought my Mk1 STF 427D that I still have.

Was originally Silver Fox but I painted it White/Green for my friend back in 1976. He lived in Barnsley at that time and still does. I’ve looked on DVLA enquiry but don’t come up as on database. Is this because it’s either been scrapped or could it be stored somewhere and not been registered for some while? Is it known to LCR if so would appreciate any feedback.

Lastly, make sure all get home safe from pub meet

Regards

Craig
Robert
Petrolhead
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by Robert »

I have had cars taxed and on the road and they don't show up on the DVLA web site.
Craig
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2169

Post by Craig »

Hi Robert,

This car was WWB 165G, I thought it was WWE... it does now show up on DVLA site, but when I put the original post on LCR I think I put in the wrong reg. I would be grateful of any news as to if it is still around even if it is laid up somewhere. I think my friend would be interested in buying it back if it were to be found. Many thanks for your info.

Craig

28-05-08