Dorking Car Show 8th June

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Dorking Car Show 8th June

Post by Rick »

The LCR have been invited to attend a Scooter Rally / Classic Car Show on the 8th June, yes it clashes with the Cortina Day at Symonds Yat, but for all of you in the South East who don't fancy a hike to Wales this could be just the thing on a nice summers day.

The venue is at Dorking Rugby Club which is situated just off the A25 between Dorking and Reigate in Surrey. there will be a bar open ( for all you non drivers) hot food all day, entertainment for children in the form of Bouncy castle etc, hopefully a autojumble ( anyone got anything for sale) music and lots of classic Lambretta's and Vespa's, and free entrance for LC's.

There is the possiblity of overnight camping and entry to the Sat evening bash with late bar, two music rooms and a host of DJs ( there is a cost for the evening event) with secure parking.

This is the second year the event has taken place and it would be good if members from Surrey, Kent, Essex and Sussex could show their support and make this a regular South East event
Graham139
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 139

Post by Graham139 »

Sounds very good Rick. Are you going with your Lambretta or with the Lotus? Your true colours are about to be revealed old mate!!
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Its probably worth mentioning that that venue is not far from the M25 J8 or J9 so its really easy to get to
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

Scooter on Sat, Lotus on Sunday, I think thats fair
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

moving this one back to the top, 2 weeks to go, any more interested parties, for members in the south east details were in with your latest QB.
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 896

Post by Andy M »

Hi Rik and the South East,
Reading the post it could be misconstrude that this is a restricted event to the south eastern corner of the Country! Is it not open to all?
Would you not welcome your country cousins those of us from further afield, (and field being the operative word) say from Herts, Beds and Bucks as well as the Berks!!
Andy M :wink:
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

all are welcome, from John O Groats to Lands End, and everone in between.
Scott Simpson
The Gearbox Man
LCR Membership Number: 463

Post by Scott Simpson »

Rick,
You'll be pleased to hear that Diagonal Pitching Penson is currently installing a pair of vernier cam sprokets to his S/E, for the eight mile journey from his place to Dorking. I think he's planning on camping too. Hope the bar's well stocked!
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

O Dear
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

Here are some details of how to get to the Dorking Show this Sunday 8th June,

From the M25 coming clockwise take Junction 8 and follow the A217 south to Reigate, watch out for the speed camera at the bottom of Reigate Hill, at Reigate join the A25 on the Reigate one way system and head west towards Dorking, stay on the A25 and look out for a Restuarant on the left called the Arkle Manor after approx 1/4 mile turn left into Brockham lane, at this point you will see the Rugby Club on your left, take the next left into Kiln Lane and there you will find the entrance to Dorking Rugby Club.

From the M25 coming anticlockwise take Junction 9 and follow the A24 south to Dorking, going past the bottom of Box Hill, watch out for the boys in blue with speed guns, as there is always a bikers gathering at Box Hill on a Sunday, at the roundabout junction with the A25 turn left and head eastbound towards Reigate continue on the A25 past the Garden center on the left look out for the Brockham Lane turning on the right as the road opens up, turn right into Brockham Lane you will see the Rugby Club on the left, turn left into Kiln Lane and then take the entrance to Dorking Rugby Club.

For those of you not using the M25 pick up the A25 and follow the above directions using either westbound or eastbound directions
For those of you using Sat Nav to get there the post code is RH3 7LZ

The Weather forecast for Sunday is GOOD only a 20% chance of rain and tempretures of 20-21,

So get the LC polished on Saturday and will see you on Sunday, if anybody wants to camp on the Saturday evening can you please contact me so that I can arrange the numbers.

Sunday Arriving from 9-9.30 there will be people on the gate to welcome you.

If you require any more info please contact me.

Rick
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

Bringing this one back to the top,
melaxtra
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2020

Post by melaxtra »

Hope to make it on sunday lotus far from concourse just well worn do i need to book in regards mel
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

No need to book in just turn up, doesn't matter what condition the car is in, all are welcome, the forecast for Sunday is good no rain plenty of sunshine, and plenty of LCs I hope, to all the Essex boys, would be great to see you its only a short trip across the bridge and round the other side.
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Its looking good for Sunday , but the wife's thrown a spanner in the works - shes threatening to come with me!!! What was to be a cheap day out could turn out to be exspensive if I'll have to send her on a shopping trip :roll:
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

Steve, bring her along and save money, you can introduce her to the delights of white and green cortina's