Mk 2 Airbox transfer housing

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

robertverhey
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 0

Mk 2 Airbox transfer housing

Post by robertverhey »

Hi

I'm about to make a temporary unit because it's the only part preventing me from having the original air cleaner set up (muffler type unit across cam covers). The missing piece is the triangular plastic moulded one that mounts to aircleaner backplate at bottom and to a pipe across to muffler thing at top.
As these are so hard to get I'm going to fabricate one from light steel plate. Before I start drawing plans was wondering if anyone has done this before and would be willing to provide their plans?

Robert
Mark Cramond
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 2071

Post by Mark Cramond »

Hi there Robert, Do you have a Bakelite plate you could make a copy from? I have one that I could draw up if you need one.
robertverhey
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by robertverhey »

Hello Mark

I have a backplate to measure it up to, and photos to get the basic proportions (ie height is 0.6 of length). The trick is to draw it up so that one piece of steel can be folded intricrately to make it all come together in the right shape.....very lateral thinking needed! Cardboard first, then transfer pattern to steel.

But any advice, photos, tips welcome. I don't for example, know the depth, but that can be adjusted when it's assembled

Robert
Mark Cramond
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 2071

Post by Mark Cramond »

I will have a look at mine and see what I can measure up for you.