Lotus 60th birthday celebrations - September 08

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Lotus 60th birthday celebrations - September 08

Post by Steve 155C »

Has the LCR received an invite to this event from Lotus?
H Cortina
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2088

Post by H Cortina »

Oooh, when and where?
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Lotus Head Quarters , UK. 14 Sep 08 , 15,000 people expected.

More info here:

http://www.grouplotus.com/mediacentre_p ... s/view/387

It looks like an open invite , but it would be nice to see a few LC together.
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 896

Lotus 60th Celebrations

Post by Andy M »

Hi All,

I am now in negotiations with Lotus Cars as to our invitation their 60th Anniversary Celebrations on 14th September 2008.
I have been unable to inform you until now as I have `nt had much detail as regards to clubs but I need to know definate numbers who wish to attend.
We will have a concourse area for 3 cars outside the main entrance to the building along with the other Lotus clubs these Cars will be automatically entered into the car of the day competition. I need to know who would like to represent the LCR with their car.
I am open to offers with Mk2s aswell as Mk1s. Our club is about both cars.
We will be able to get possible free entry for LCR members who arrive in there LCs I will give you more info when I get it.
If anyone is interested in this special occassion let me know their intentions either through the forum or by email ASAP.
Andy M
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Lotus 60th BBQ

Post by Andy M »

Hi All,
Lotus Club International are hosting a BBQ on Saturday 13th of September at Lotus HQ, Hethel for LCI members and for the Community Clubs (LCR) who will taking part in our open day celebrations on the 14th September. The BBQ will be open between 6 and 9pm and there will be a preview of the Evora story between 6 and 8pm. Tickets for the event are £12.00 each.
The cut off date for tickets is FRIDAY 22ND AUGUST, although numbers are limited and are being issued on a first come first served basis. To obtain tickets please call me between 09.15 to 17.15 Monday to Friday.
Andy M
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Lotus 60th Anniversary

Post by Andy M »

Hi All,

I have received a limited number of tickets for this event on the 14th September.
We need to put 3 nice cars on display Mk1s or Mk2s which will have free ticket for car and driver these will automatically entry to the best in show.
If you are interested to display your car at this prestige event contact me ASAP. I need definates as you will be in a display with other Lotus Clubs.

I have a few tickets for the event which again is for car and driver will be for the Lotus only parking area. Contact me ASAP, please be sure you wish to go as they are very limited. There is pay on the gate entry.
Again this is a great event and a chance to look round the factory, (which is usually restricted) and see how the cars are made.
Also on display are the Classic Team Lotus collection of Formula 1 and significant Cars from the past.
Anyone who went to the 50th celebrations will tell you what a great weekend it is.
Attractions include:- Engineering Tours, The Eagle Developement Story, Styling Studio Tours, Demo Laps,(pre Book), Technical talks throughout the day, Lotus Merchandise, Lotus "Best in Show"(presented by Hazel Chapman), Pit Stop Challenge, and for the Children, a Funfair and for those amongst us not totally Lotus mad a Farmers Market, and The Parachute Regiment Freefall Display team.
Something for everybody young and not so young!
Let me know your intentions either on the forum or email me on andym@lotuscortina.net

Andy M
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Lotus 60th Anniversary

Post by Andy M »

Hi All,
I getting a bit paranoid that no one is now reading the Forum or showing interest unless its, parts for sale or cars for sale!
I have had no response at all for this event Zero, Zilch.
I now know how the Editor feels!
Come on this promises to be a fantastic day.
We have had little to get excited about lately except the great performance by our Olympians (Paula Radcliffe excluded).
We`ve got crap weather,crap economy,crap government, but great cars and we should be out showing them off and enjoying them.
Contact me on andym@lotuscortina.net if you are thinking of joining myself and Julie at this event. 14th September 2008

Andy M
Seedy
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 0

Re: Lotus 60th Anniversary

Post by Seedy »

Andy M wrote:Hi All,
I getting a bit paranoid that no one is now reading the Forum or showing interest unless its, parts for sale or cars for sale!
I have had no response at all for this event Zero, Zilch.
I now know how the Editor feels!
Come on this promises to be a fantastic day.
We have had little to get excited about lately except the great performance by our Olympians (Paula Radcliffe excluded).
We`ve got crap weather,crap economy,crap government, but great cars and we should be out showing them off and enjoying them.
Contact me on andym@lotuscortina.net if you are thinking of joining myself and Julie at this event. 14th September 2008

Andy M
Hi Andy

Normally I'd jump at the chance but like a lot of Lotus Elise owners, I'll be at the top of the Stelvio pass in Italy on the 11th. This is the road they tested the Elise chassis on and it appeared on Top Gear as the best driving road in Europe. :wink:

CD
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Lotus 60th Anniversary

Post by Andy M »

Hi Seedy,
You are excused, would`nt mind a piece of that myself!!
Andy M
Seedy
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 0

Re: Lotus 60th Anniversary

Post by Seedy »

Andy M wrote:Hi Seedy,
You are excused, would`nt mind a piece of that myself!!
Andy M
It gets better... the following week I am entered in an Endurance Rally from Southern France to Rome! www.guildofmotorendurance.com 8)