Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 896

Silverstone Classic

Post by Andy M »

Hi All,
Our events organiser Phil Hall has asked me to post a message with regard to the forthcoming Silverstone Classic 2008.
Phil has been able to secure an LCR area using his unique powers of persuation and influence.
The dates are 25th 26th and 27th July.
If you have never been it is an unmissable event with equivelant F1 cars from the 20s up to the 90s racing all weekend as well as saloon car racing and all things Racing.
Reduced price of admission to follow as soon as I have them, a reduction over the gate price is promised.
Andy M
Anton Bird
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 1656

Post by Anton Bird »

Silverstone Classic Week End

Further to Andy`s post above, here are some further details, the reason for asking Phil to secure a pitch is because Lotus is this year the featured marque including LC`s.
A great week ends entertainment with lots to see, even the pit garages are open to all, where you can get up close to the F1 machinery of yester year, can you imagine that at the British GP - joke.

Phone Silverstone Hot line for tickets 08717 033848 Quote our special code LCR and your cars (Cortinas) registration number. Tickets are half price for exhibitors and family traveling in your car. Reduced Ticket Prices are : Friday £12.50 - Sat £15 - Sun £15
Should anyone wish to camp - £10 per night, look at www.whittlebury.com a great camp site next to the circuit and the site has its own beer tent for a swift one !!!!!!!!!!!!! er before bed.

We could do with a good turn out on this one as all of the other Lotus clubs are going to be there, Friday does not really matter but 8 cars Sat & Sun would be good, Im sure there will be room for more. See you all there then.

Regards

Anton Bird
Eamonn Byrne
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 1179

Post by Eamonn Byrne »

I have tried to book tickets for the weekend using the LCR reference but I am now told that the club is not exibiting.
I have managed to book my car in through Club Lotus who are attending.
Anton Bird and I had to to make similar arrangement last year as our club was not attending.
If you book a car in the driver and car is FREE. Passengers are £50 for the 3 day week end ticket or £25 for the Sunday (£35 on the gate).

I am also going to the Goodwood revival in September can take the Cortina as its 1968 there 2 or 3 years too young for that event.
However I have secured a pitch on Goodwoods new campsite for the weekend for my motorhome so if anyone fancies a beer make contact as we will have plenty in the fridge!