Far North NZ Vintage Car Club Autorama

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Mark Cramond
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 2071

Far North NZ Vintage Car Club Autorama

Post by Mark Cramond »

I know it is short notice so i am not expecting anyone of you to be here but this weekend there is an meeting in Taipa in Northland. Last year i meet a chap that has a MKI LC that he imported to the UK from the USA and converted it to RHD then moved to NZ and brought it with him. The name escapes me but with luck he will be there again this year. If i remember correctly he said he was a member of the LCR. I will have the trusty camera with me so will post some photos of any LCs that may come out of the woodwork. I will also be giving the LCR a bit of a push so hopefully it won't be long before the electronic payments option for memberships is sorted.
Lashman
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 1855

Post by Lashman »

Being tested today.. :P
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Post by Rick »

That would be Phil Sharp, a very nice guy.
Mark Cramond
Front wheel lifter

Post by Mark Cramond »

Thats it Rick, i knew i would know the name if i heard it. He is a very clever chap aswell as i believe he made the new RHD dash himself. It looks like a factory made part. His car is in amazing condition and even has the special factory marking preserved. Hopefully i will catch up with him today. He only lives about 100 ks away so would be nice to be able to start aranging the odd drive-about in the LCs.
Mark Cramond
Front wheel lifter

Post by Mark Cramond »

A bit of a disappointment actually. There was one Cortina and it was a one owner 1966 Super(i think) in mint condition and that was it from the Cortina camp. I think all the Zephyrs that were built were there and most of the 56 Chevs on the planet but that was about it. Some great car boot sales(even though i was not in the market for a car boot) and lots of arty farty stuff for the wife to look at so i wasn't nagged to death about when we were leaving. I might try to look up Phils number in the phone book and arrange a trip. I think i will plan to take both my cars along next year and might try to get a few of the NZ chaps up for the weekend and if Colins car is still here then it can come too.
Just to annoy you chaps in the UK we had a car show in brilliant sunshine from dawn to dusk. You know, that big round hot thing in the sky that you don't see over there :lol:
JohnH
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 1379

Post by JohnH »

you aint been in Taupo this week!!!!
Mark Cramond
Front wheel lifter

Post by Mark Cramond »

Have you been down there John? They are getting ready for the A1 GP aren't they? It would be bedlam.
JohnH
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 1379

Post by JohnH »

yeah, just had a few days off, but it was wet!
gonna watch the racing on TV, should be good.
Mark Cramond
Front wheel lifter

Post by Mark Cramond »

Did you see on the news the other night Jonny Reid driving the car over the Auckland Harbour Bridge at 100mph? The guy must have you-know-whats the size of melons because that bridge has more bumps and ridges than the Andes.