NATIONAL DAY 2024

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

NATIONAL DAY 2024

Post by Rick »

We are currently putting together the National Day for this year, to give a heads up we can provisionally give the date of the National Day as Sunday 9th June. So please save the day, there will be more details to follow soon.
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Re: NATIONAL DAY 2024

Post by Rick »

So you have saved the date Sunday 9th June for the LCR National Day,

Now this is the venue, Classic Team Lotus have graciously allowed permission for the LCR to hold the National Day at their facility at Hethel, the full address is: Unit 6 Hethel Industrial Estate, Potash Lane, East Carleton NR14 8EY

Entrance will be from 8am on Sunday 9th. Tours of the CTL will be available at a cost.

We are hoping that past employees of Team Lotus will be there on the day.

We are working on having on site catering available for breakfasts and lunches.

More details will follow when available.

To organise for cars attending if you can drop a line to Lotuscortinarg@aol.com so we can keep track of the numbers.

Look forward to seeing you all there.
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Nice one Rick. What a superb venue
Lotus Outlaws
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2310

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

Yeah great venue if you are not 200 miles away and an eta of 3.5 hours on a possibly hot day in a Lotus Cortina. God help anyone any more north of the midlands. Wouldnt it be fairer to have something more central? Gaydon was perfect last time.
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

Most probably Gaydon suited you as it was on your doorstep, Hang on I'll ask Classic Team Lotus to relocate to the midlands just for you.
Lotus Outlaws
Regular

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

still eighty mile from me so not exactly on my doorstep just thought it makes more sense and more fair to have it in the midlands as it stands for middle of the country if any lcr member is from the north manchester preston scotland wales etc it will be a 5 to 10 hour drive you obviously dont know how hard it is to get there if your not from down south there is no direct easy route but you would not know that would you or you just dont care you know there was a big turnout at gaydon so lets see how many turns up at this venue we should hold a vote to where it should held ps dont need you to ask the lotus factory to come to me as i have my own factory full of cars and spares :)
anglebox
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2476

Post by anglebox »

The big anniversary celebrations will always get more attendance. 50th anniversary was lots of cars as well. But this venue is superb ! And hopefully people will make the effort to attend. It’s the home of Lotus as well as being the home of Classic Team Lotus !!! Massively important to the history of the Lotus of which our cars are part of . It’s in the east of England… not south and looking at the map it looks pretty similar distance from us in the South /london/Sussex etc as it is from Birmingham / Manchester etc. Especially with the much better A14. It’s actually a much better journey from midlands and the North than it is for us …. It’s superb that they’ve agreed to have us there ! Great history so let’s make it a great event.
Lotus Outlaws
Regular

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

eta three and a half hours from west midlands m6 junction6 worst motorway network they say in europe by sunday afternoon it is standstill and it will put another hour plus on the journey i have spoke to owners local to me and they have all said the same if you say your journey is longer then good luck the reply to my first post was very un profestional and coming from rick i would expect a more conservative reply but what do i know he writes about them we only build them 8)
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

Well if its too far for you to travel and all the others that you have spoken too, why not organise your own event closer to home so that you and your buddies can appreciate Lotus Cortina's. be good if you chose a different date from June 9th.

We anticipate a good turnout at Hethel home of Lotus for the past 57 years, as Anglebox has said the 50th and the 60th always drew a great response from members, we hope this years will also be a success, who knows, but it is something different and its our own event rather than being on the shirtails of larger events as we have done in the past.

By the way 102 miles to Gaydon, 147 miles to Hethel so hardly on my doorstep either.
Lotus Outlaws
Regular

Post by Lotus Outlaws »

now thats a better reply, is you eta three and a half hours on a clear run ? we have put shows on before and advertised it on hear.my pals run pubs hear in sunny wolverhampton so i might organise a show this summer for my buddies . you being one of my buddies let me know when you have a free weekend would be nice to see you :lol:
WayneW
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2223

Post by WayneW »

is this were the sunbeams was modified
waf
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 847

Post by waf »

Will there be an opportunity to drive around the track at the factory- have done it in an Elise, would be good to do it in the Cortina.
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Rick »

The event is being held at Classic Team Lotus, not Lotus Cars, there will not be an opportunity to use the track facilities.
johnnywatty
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 1283

Post by johnnywatty »

Sorry but an eight hour round trip from the Welsh Marches won't work for me. Maybe next year's might be nearer.
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

Rick wrote: Mon 25th Mar 2024 1:27 pm So you have saved the date Sunday 9th June for the LCR National Day,

Now this is the venue, Classic Team Lotus have graciously allowed permission for the LCR to hold the National Day at their facility at Hethel, the full address is: Unit 6 Hethel Industrial Estate, Potash Lane, East Carleton NR14 8EY

Entrance will be from 8am on Sunday 9th. Tours of the CTL will be available at a cost.

We are hoping that past employees of Team Lotus will be there on the day.

We are working on having on site catering available for breakfasts and lunches.

More details will follow when available.

To organise for cars attending if you can drop a line to Lotuscortinarg@aol.com so we can keep track of the numbers.

Look forward to seeing you all there.
Email ID is wrong Rick.