Return after too long....

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

Porousblock
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Return after too long....

Post by Porousblock »

Hello fellow L/C enthusiasts. It has been a long time since I visired the LCR website and Forum. Older members may remember me. I bought my 1st car back in 1972 - a 1966 airflow car and I have been poor ever since....... I currently have 5 original cars (the MkI and 4 MkII's)most of which are in bits. Ken Clark has one for re-assembly and John Smirthwaite is building an engine for it.
My wife passed away last November and I now realise that finishing the cars is going to be a challenge (hence using Ken Clark on Scott's recommendation!) My aim is to get as many of the cars back to running condition as possible.....which means I must part with some of my spares.
So please watch the topics for my items or please pm me with your wants. The spare panels are original Ford manufacture so will attract a premium price.....but this will all go into putting my cars back on the road.
I stripped my cars down decades ago and whilst an engine is easy to find little bits such as windscreen washer jets are not! So I need some bits myself!
I am hoping that Ken will return the car this spring.....then he will take the 2nd car for re-assembly and so on. Anyway, its good to be back; can't wait to get behind the wheel again. Cheers, Cliff.
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Re: Return after too long....

Post by Keith Halstead »

Hi Cliff - welcome back. Nothing much has changed since you left except the prices - they have gone crazy for some parts. Good luck with the hunt. Beware of scammers as they are everywhere. :D
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Welcome back Cliff. Sounds like you have a plan, that's aways a good start :lol:
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 896

Post by Andy M »

Hello Cliff,

Firstly, Our condolences for your sad loss our thoughts go to you your family and friends!
Secondly, welcome back we have missed you and all that are waiting in the wings to return!

Andy M.
robwells
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by robwells »

Dear Cliff, I am hoping to own a Lotus Cortina and reading your post I wonder if you could help. Regards Rob Wells.