AGM 2023

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 896

AGM 2023

Post by Andy M »

All Members and Non Members

The LCR AGM will this year be held on:- Sunday 19th November 2023 @ 10.30am

Venue

Premier Inn.
South Mimms,
Swanland Road
Hertfordshire
EN6 3NH

We will be in meeting Room 8.

The Premier Inn is at the services Junction of the M25 and A1M

All are welcome, if you wish to attend please can you inform either myself or a member of the committee as soon as you are able as we need to confirm numbers with the venue at least 48hours in advance. Covid Rules do not apply at this venue.
If you wish to bring any issues up for discussion or for the the attention of the membership please inform me in writing at least 7 days before the above date so as to be included into the agenda.

Best regards to all!

Andy M
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Re: AGM 2023

Post by Keith Halstead »

Is this being posted on the Facebook group as well as here? More people use that than this forum.
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Andy M »

Hello Keith,

Our official website and media pages are the Forum!

I have no access to facebook.

If you wish to post this on facebook and you think its worthwhile then by all means but I will not know if anyone wishes to attend as will be needed by the venue to have accountable numbers.
So if you wish to collate this and let me know 7 days before who is attending that's fine!
This will also be the case if anyone wishes to comment or put a point accross.

Question and I have no axe to grind here so please don't shoot me down,

If you have an interest in the cars why would you be a member of facebook and wish to attend an AGM of a club you obviously don't wish to be part of or have a say in?
If you do wish to become a member or somehow involved then Is it not the case that you would join a club to support its activities and the membership?

As I say I do not follow facebook/instagram/X (formerly known as twitter) in any form not just the club pages.

Best Regards

Andy M
Keith Halstead

Post by Keith Halstead »

Andy M wrote: Sat 28th Oct 2023 4:14 pm Hello Keith,

Our official website and media pages are the Forum!

I have no access to facebook.

If you wish to post this on facebook and you think its worthwhile then by all means but I will not know if anyone wishes to attend as will be needed by the venue to have accountable numbers.
So if you wish to collate this and let me know 7 days before who is attending that's fine!
This will also be the case if anyone wishes to comment or put a point accross.

Question and I have no axe to grind here so please don't shoot me down,

If you have an interest in the cars why would you be a member of facebook and wish to attend an AGM of a club you obviously don't wish to be part of or have a say in?
If you do wish to become a member or somehow involved then Is it not the case that you would join a club to support its activities and the membership?

As I say I do not follow facebook/instagram/X (formerly known as twitter) in any form not just the club pages.

Best Regards

Andy M
Hi Andy

Rick posted it on Facebook last year, but I will post on the Facebook page/forum as I was really aiming at the members who don't use the official website forum and no longer get a magazine, so they never hear about it. I doubt it will affect the participation much.

They can email you directly to confirm attendance.

I think the reason people use Facebook rather than the forum is that it is more user friendly, especially for pics, and gets far more interaction with both LCR members & non-members. There are still a few of us die-hards who do both.

PS Twitter is no longer & is called X now and the Instagram app has been merged into Threads - confusing or what?
Keith Halstead

Post by Keith Halstead »

Did many , apart from the usual attendees, turn up for this?
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER

Post by Andy M »

Hello Keith,

Sadly and disappointingly no!

Apart from Brian Harvey who showed us the badges (excellent by the way trust me no one will be disappointed) and gave us an excellent presentation on them and long term member Graham Orchard who took the pictures at the national day for us for the attendance certificate etc
Know one took the time to attend or had asked for anything to be included in the discussion so once again it was left to just the committee to conduct business!

I don't know how long we can carry on like this as its a struggle believe me! I find it depressing not having the support from the membership and to be honest I take it to heart and see it as a slight on what myself and the other committee over the years have tried to achieve.

Every club has to have new blood with new ideas and although our member demo graph will always be of an older generation, that older generation can also have new ideas and be called new blood!

We have 3 committee members and everything falls on our shoulders to keep the club running and somehow we do as the balance sheet shows but we can't do it alone or forever!

Rant over!

Andy M
Keith Halstead

Post by Keith Halstead »

Andy M wrote: Wed 22nd Nov 2023 4:45 pm Hello Keith,

Sadly and disappointingly no!

Apart from Brian Harvey who showed us the badges (excellent by the way trust me no one will be disappointed) and gave us an excellent presentation on them and long term member Graham Orchard who took the pictures at the national day for us for the attendance certificate etc
Know one took the time to attend or had asked for anything to be included in the discussion so once again it was left to just the committee to conduct business!

I don't know how long we can carry on like this as its a struggle believe me! I find it depressing not having the support from the membership and to be honest I take it to heart and see it as a slight on what myself and the other committee over the years have tried to achieve.

Every club has to have new blood with new ideas and although our member demo graph will always be of an older generation, that older generation can also have new ideas and be called new blood!

We have 3 committee members and everything falls on our shoulders to keep the club running and somehow we do as the balance sheet shows but we can't do it alone or forever!

Rant over!

Andy M
That's a shame as I wondered if this post on Facebook may flush out some help. I do think this malaise affects all clubs at the moment.