Renewing aquaintance

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

chris vince
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 455

Renewing aquaintance

Post by chris vince »

Hello (again),
My name is Chris Vince (memb No. 455), I am a long time member of the LCR joining in 1984, although due to work commitments and raising a family, I have been 'dormant' for the last 30+ years, I do have a library of every 1/4 bumper since joining.
I have now just finished building our 'retirement' home, so have more time to devote to my Lotus'.
I have owned a 1966 Mk1 S/E since 1984, it has just 23,000 miles on it, mainly due to it being in semi permanent hibernation!
According to the DVLA records I am only the second owner, but as is usually the case, this is inaccurate, as I have an Essex Records Office certificate showing it's original owner was the Ford Motor Company.
I have also owned a phase 1 Mk2 since 1985, in truth I have only got as far as completing the welding on this one, so looking forward to getting going again, now in retirement.
Other interests are a TVR Vixen S3 with a rare Triumph 2500 engine, a Ducati Hailwood Replica (original 1980 model), a Triumph 500.
The LCR going electronic, seems to have given me a boost, as I dip in and out of the site more frequently than reading a 1/4 bumper.
Good luck to all, Chris
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Re: Renewing aquaintance

Post by Keith Halstead »

Welcome back Chris - can you post any pics?
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Re: Renewing aquaintance

Post by Steve 155C »

Welcome back Chris. Look forward to seeing any updates on your projects