Lotus Cortina racing

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

lotuscortina4ever
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Lotus Cortina racing

Post by lotuscortina4ever »

Dear Members

Greetings to the community that share the fabulous passion for this timeless car.
I'm the happy owner of a racing 1964 Lotus Cortina (number plate) BFL 300C. It is said that was built by James Morgan, at the time chief engineer of Alan Mann in Gartrack.
I've documentations of the car that was raced in Sweden, Finland, Australia, France, UK and now in Portugal.
The car is FIA registered and I have achieved 3 podiums on the 4 races I've done with it and I would like to know if there is anyone that have any more information about this car.
I would like to post some photos of it but...I don't know how to do it and it it is possible to do it on this forum (any help?).
I look forward your comments or tips,
Best regards
Luis
Lashman
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 1855

Re: Lotus Cortina racing

Post by Lashman »

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
Cheers
Louis
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Hi Luis - The UK registration number (BFL 300C) is one way to trace a cars history , but the VIN is more accurate as this stays with the car, where was the registration number can be swapped. Maybe share the VIN and it may help.

You can upload pictures directly to this forum. When you are replying to a post you will see an "upload attachment" tab just below the box you are typing in. Click on that and you can choose picture files from your PC. Just repeat for each additional picture.
Bertil
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 2045

Post by Bertil »

Luis,
I am from Sweden, do you have any details about the swedish part of the racing history? Name of the driver, what years, color of the car, swedish registration number?

I have a register of Cortinas in Sweden, and try to find out where cars over here ended up.

Thanks.
lotuscortina4ever
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by lotuscortina4ever »

Steve 155C wrote: Fri 31st Aug 2018 12:29 pm Hi Luis - The UK registration number (BFL 300C) is one way to trace a cars history , but the VIN is more accurate as this stays with the car, where was the registration number can be swapped. Maybe share the VIN and it may help.

You can upload pictures directly to this forum. When you are replying to a post you will see an "upload attachment" tab just below the box you are typing in. Click on that and you can choose picture files from your PC. Just repeat for each additional picture.
Trident team
Petrolhead
LCR Membership Number: 2546

Post by Trident team »

Hi Luis
Racing Lotus Cortinas in Australia was something I had an absolute passion for as a spectator, I could never had afforded to own and compete in one, so I took particular interest in them and their ability to be among the front runners wherever they appeared in the 1960's and early 70's.
First thing I did when arriving at the track for a meeting was to open the program of races and see who was entered for the saloon car races.
The best of the bunch were Allan Moffat, Jim McKeown, Bob Jane, Rob Inglis, Ian Geoghegan, Chris Brauer, Robin Bessant
Max Volkers, Dave Missingham, and later on Bob Lynch, Bill Fanning.
They were a fairly rare car in races here, so the chances of finding some history on a car in Australia is promising due to the small number in competition.
So if you can check the log book history and its owner/driver I may be able to provide a bit of info. on its 'Aussie' life.
Cheers Geoff