GGH 129C

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

DrewBuckley
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

GGH 129C

Post by DrewBuckley »

I'm still trying to trace my Dad's old MK1, not got any further than my original post here viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5819&hilit=GGH+129C

It has an export marker against it, which I believe was from 1983 and to Australia, although the DVLA website now doesn't show when and where to (must have done so when I investigated before!).

Any help would be welcome - can anyone provide the VIN number for the car, that may help me in searching. Have got relatives in Oz and am going back out there in the next year, so would be great to try to track it down once and for all!!
Peter Meyer
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2229

Re: GGH 129C

Post by Peter Meyer »

I've just read the old post on this. It would be wonderful to be able to help but as Jay said in 2014 I'm reasonably sure there are no SEs in Australia. They are the sort of car that would get snapped up and repatriated and a search amongst English SEs again might be more fruitful. Having said that, if Scott doesn't know it, it probably didn't happen!(Scott, My rs1600 arrived here-Sydney-yesterday. I got reinspired after our time at Brooklands!)