Lotus Cortina Mk1

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

Steve777
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Lotus Cortina Mk1

Post by Steve777 »

Hello all,

Came across this site by chance after looking through some of my late Uncles bits an pieces from his rallying days and in particular some Lotus Cortina parts that were lurking in the garage. A car which he rallied in the 1960's with considerable success. Prior to The Lotus John Davis, my uncle won the first ever Dukeries Rally in 1960 (Although the website says Davies, which is incorrect) he won using a Austin A40 at the time with his co driver Colin Adkin

More interestingly I do have a number of pictures of the car which I will scan in and post

I found an original gearknob while looking through some of his car related things as well as his timing stop watches.

I'll update the post as I found more info about the car

Steve
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Re: Lotus Cortina Mk1

Post by Steve 155C »

Welcome Steve. All sounds interesting. Can't wait to see the pictures.
lotustwincam
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 460

Post by lotustwincam »

Hello Steve, Was your Uncle local to Mansfield? Looking forward to the pictures as well.
Steve777
Learner Driver

Post by Steve777 »

lotustwincam wrote:Hello Steve, Was your Uncle local to Mansfield? Looking forward to the pictures as well.
Lived all his life in Long Eaton pretty much all his life and was a member of Eastwood motor club right up until he died

I've recovered quite a few pictures of his Lotus Cortina, which I will scan in. Just not had the time so far this week
Steve777
Learner Driver

Post by Steve777 »

Just starting to sort through the pictures etc and thought I would list this before I start scanning properly

Plenty of His Lotus