Hi

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

TRIPLET
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Hi

Post by TRIPLET »

I have just joined the forum and would like to say hello to everyone.I have not at the moment got a Lotus Cortina but having had four of them!two mk 2s and two mk 1s retain a very strong interest in them.I bought a 1963 Pre airflow one in 1972 complete with the alloy panels,A bracket rear suspension and bullet gearbox,the ring gear had stripped when I bought it so I took Monday of work to replace it,it was then perfect and had never been restored or taken to bits !
,I paid £200 for it,! last one I had was a mk 2 series two from 1969!i bought in In 1977 and gave £375 for it!,it was mettallic green am i correct in thinking that all mk 2s did not leave the factory in white with a green stripe,this being done by the dealer?,anyway I still retain a strong interest in them but at the prices they are bringing now I can't see me getting one soon!
Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Re: Hi

Post by Pete G »

Hi
If you have any photos you can post or remember any registration Nos, you might find one or two owned by members on here!
TRIPLET
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Re: Hi

Post by TRIPLET »

Pete G wrote:Hi
If you have any photos you can post or remember any registration Nos, you might find one or two owned by members on here!
Hi Pete
,I do not have any pics or either remember the reg numbers other than my mk1 did not have a reg affix and my mk2 was G reg.As I remember the airflow mk 1 was favoured overthe Pre airflow at the time mainly because the airflow had a cooler dashboard,how things change!