ABW 61E // 93 DVF

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

sevrup10
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2469

ABW 61E // 93 DVF

Post by sevrup10 »

Sorry folks back on the hunt for help, when I first joined the club a couple of months back, I asked if anyone had any info on the ABW 61E, I have now discovered that the car in question was once registered under 93 DVF, also back in 1999 (spring) the very car featured on the front cover of Quarter Bumper No 2/99, I have a picture / copy of this magazine. Clearly displaying ABW 61E

So perhaps this will jog someone’s memory , I obviously know the past owner who sadly is no longer with us , would really like to find out more about the cars past history, it could be that some of the missing parts that I am so keen to replace are sat on a shelf in a lock up, who knows ?

The picture as shown on the front cover of QB has the car displaying a set of rather dazzling spot lamps, would love to hear from you , if you once owned this car I would love to piece together a history file , pictures and LCR past history would be much appreciated . Perhaps a spare copy of the magazine survives

Kind regards
Alister Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Re: ABW 61E // 93 DVF

Post by Steve 155C »

Hi Alister , a belated welcome to the LCR. I can't help with your query (hopefully Rick or Andy M can) but I have now upgraded for forum access to a full member, so have search around - there's plenty to ready up on.

Thanks , Steve.
Andy M
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 896

Post by Andy M »

Hi Alistair,

Welcome to the club!

Yes the car was owned by our old events co-ordinator Phil Hall for many years who resided in the Coventry area. He sold the car to purchase his life long dream of a 3500 SD1 Rover Vitesse! Yes I don't know why either!

Phil now lives in Swanage Dorset and we sometimes see him when we have the committee meeting there in February. If I see him I will ask him to get in touch.
I think from memory it was pretty much complete at that time and he used it regularly and as you say was featured on the cover of the QB.
The reg 93 DVF I do not remember or or there ever any mention of it.

Andy M
sevrup10
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2469

Post by sevrup10 »

Good evening fellow fans

Thanks for all the help and assistance , top job , great club ,

All the best

Alister