Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

H Cortina
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 2088

Goodwood 2016 dates

Post by H Cortina »

Just in case someone has already bought you a 2016 diary:

We are pleased to announce the provisional dates for the calendar of events for 2016. We must stress as per previous years these are provisional until the FIA ratify the F1 calendar in December at which point we will confirm by e-mail.

74th Members Meeting 2016 19-20 Mar 2016 (Confirmed)
Festival of Speed 2016 23-26 June 2016
Revival Meeting 2016 9-11 Sep 2016
DaveC
Front wheel lifter
LCR Membership Number: 2046

Re: Goodwood 2016 dates

Post by DaveC »

Can I suggest an LCR stand at the the revival?
H Cortina
Woodrim

Post by H Cortina »

Nice idea and one I am looking in to, but.

Goodwood don't seem to understand the concept of club stands. Andy has recently received an opportunity from them for the LCR to hold a track day at the discounted price of £2,500.00 plus VAT and I've exchanged emails with replies implying we can pay to have a display at an event.

I've yet to find a friendly contact who makes me feel like the LCR could be welcome for free. I get the distinct impression with Goodwood everything revolves around money.

Maybe i'm getting too cynical so please if anyone has a contact there please let me know as I would happily arrange a stand but not if we are expected to pay for the privilege.
HagertyTim
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by HagertyTim »

i experienced my first Revival this year and i cant recall their being any club stands at the event, the closest thing was in the revival car park was the Jaguar Land Rover parking area directly behind the JLR marque for their display.
i imagine you could have a club stand in the market place along with the traders etc
David Baldock
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 57

Post by David Baldock »

I went, in 1994, to the festival of speed with HXD & parked in a small parking area reserved for classic cars. It was situated next to the track some one hundred yards passed the bridge in front of the house. There was no charge. I have a picture somewhere.

How things have changed. We must remember though that all the hospitality that goes on does have to be paid for by someone. Well it ain't me. As far as I'm concerned Lord March and his merry men can blow the events straight back up their own exhaust pipes.

Rant over!

Dave B
Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Post by Pete G »

I've been a couple of times (also went this year) and that 'small car park' is quite large, it is a show on its own!
This inner classic car park is a park anywhere on a first come first served basis and a lot of interesting cars are a long way back from the main pedestrian route into the circuit area.
I don't think this event lends itself to a club stand,- nobody hangs around their cars, everyone is inside the event all day.
Michael Winstock
Mr Picky
LCR Membership Number: 39

Post by Michael Winstock »

Dave B.......are you sure you went to the Goodwood revival meeting in 1994?
I believe the first one was in 1998..........
Michael Winstock
Mr Picky
LCR Membership Number: 39

Post by Michael Winstock »

I have just re-read Dave B's post.........many apologies, I misread festival of speed as revival meeting......yet another senior moment.
H Cortina
Woodrim

Post by H Cortina »

DaveC wrote:Can I suggest an LCR stand at the the revival?
I'm just listing out all the 2016 events LCR members could be interested in, Goodwood being one of them.

I too would like to have an LCR stand at either Goodwood events, but have met a brick wall that only money will hurdle over.

It would appear the Goodwood events are organised to generate money and consequently there is no such thing as free space. We could have a stand but at a 4 figure cost and this would no doubt be in a trade area.

If anyone has any Goodwood inside contacts (ie does Lord March come to your house for tea) then please have a word and see if there is a way in. Does anyone attend the breakfast meets?

Cars take up space - space = money i'm afraid.