Info required on LC

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

Englishbulls
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Info required on LC

Post by Englishbulls »

Is the following car known to the register, it needs full restoration as its a basket case and I am thinking of buying as I sold my previous LC some years ago and want another, the Rev number is UYT863F

Any help will be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Lee
Rick
COMMITTEE MEMBER
LCR Membership Number: 1292

Re: Info required on LC

Post by Rick »

Hi Lee

We do have UYT 863F on the register, but not for some time, around 1986-90 it was in Newcastle, but nothing known since.
Englishbulls
Learner Driver

Post by Englishbulls »

Thank you for your reply.

All the outer panels including inner and outer sills along with rear arches, battery area and doors / wings ncluding a, b and c posts are all rotten as are slam panel and front and rear valances. The car is complete though apart from air filter box.

What is the current value of a basket case mk2 series 1? If known.
From my experience you cannot rely on the practicle classics guide prices as they always seem lower than real life.

Many thanks

Lee
SteveL

Post by SteveL »

Theres a series 1 mk2 on ebay for £9995 complete .if its to do your self thats not bad if open to offers .if its to go for a pro resto just buy one done ;-)
Englishbulls
Learner Driver

Post by Englishbulls »

I was trying to up the pros and cons, I would need a body shop to do the work however the guy with this one will break it up if not sold and he wants £9k for it. I thought that if I buy all panels etc prior to sending to a body shop it may make it cheaper to restore.

Maybe looking at the cheaper option is not the best approach, the one on EBay is very bad and the seller estimates £10k for a Bodyshop to restore it.

Thanks
SteveL

Post by SteveL »

If its better than the one on ebay try a lower cash price .but remember a pair of front nos wings is £1000-1500.rear wings are 1200 each if you can find any so add the costs on top of the resto etc etc .so £10k plus to restore it (thats a conservative price by the way )
But is it for the love of the car or an investment you should ask yourself in my opinion ,All the time and effort and then its worth about what youd pay to buy a decent one already done...