Chassis number ZT4..... or Z74.....

Anything related to Lotus Cortinas. (Open to the public.)

Moderator: LCR Members

CNO510B
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 602

Chassis number ZT4..... or Z74.....

Post by CNO510B »

Hope someone can help resolve my problem so I can get my LC Mk1 correctly registered with the dvla

All the LC Mk1 sites I have looked at on the web state it should be Z74.... and this is also in the original warranty book I have for my car but!!!!! When the car was first registered in 1964 ZT4....was recorded by the reg. office in the brown log book (which I have) and thus all subsequent official doc's (mot's, the current reg. cert. etc) state the chassis no. as ZT4....

My car was restored in 1996 and its now time to get all the p\work right to put it on the road to enjoy.

During the restoration the chassis plate got mislaid, new inner wings were fitted, so I have no physical data to establish the correct chassis number so I can obtain a replacement plate and fit it etc.

So the question is ZT4.... Or Z74..... Is the correct chassis no. for a Mk1 LC first reg 20 Mar 1964.

Hope someone can give the definitive answer.

Thanks in anticipation.
tommy
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 1693

Re: Chassis number ZT4..... or Z74.....

Post by tommy »

Definitely Z74, just another miss record, there were lots back in the the day. Mine had one too, but I got it corrected with the help of the L.C.R.