Events

Everything from shows to real pubmeets!

Moderator: LCR Members

Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Events

Post by Pete G »

Sorry to be a pain, but could the guys organising local pub meets use pm s instead of posts on the forum
All of us living miles away with nothing to do with them get them as new posts and have to open them to get them to go away,- or am I the only one with this nuisance?
walone
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 2453

Re: Events

Post by walone »

Pete G wrote:Sorry to be a pain, but could the guys organising local pub meets use pm s instead of posts on the forum
All of us living miles away with nothing to do with them get them as new posts and have to open them to get them to go away,- or am I the only one with this nuisance?
Hi Pete, my concern over your request would be that as I'm a 'newbe' I would not be on the PMs list so I and others not on the list would not get to hear about the meets, at least I think I'm right in assuming this.
Best regards, Wal.
David Baldock
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 57

Post by David Baldock »

It would mean PM'ing every local member individually. The venues are listed quite clearly so if you live in Outer Mongolia for example, don't bother opening it.

Personally, I'm quite interested to know what other regions are up to. I mean we are all in the same club, aren't we?

Dave B
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Pete - I assume you click on the "new posts" link at the top of the forum every time you visit (as I do)
So all you will see is 1 new line for the event that has been posted in. As Dave says , if that is not of interest to you then don't click it.

It will only show as a new line if someone posts in in since your last visit.

If you are getting emails for topics that you are not interested in then let me know as that can be turned off.
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Hi Pete - I think I've found a way for you to not to see topics you are not interested in.

Click in the topic and scroll right down to the bottom of the screen. You should see an "X Unsubscribe Topic"
Click on that and hopefully you will not seen any new posts in that topic.

Let me know if it works.