FGF 113C

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

paulh0789
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2147

Post by paulh0789 »

Top Gear mag March 09 edition...........I don't subscribe, but today happened across a copy. In the first few pages is a little piece with a photo of FGF113C and a bit of blurb regards who looks after the collection. Claims these chaps enjoy a natter about the cars and will make you a brew too....maybe time to try them again?
Keith Halstead
LCR Membership Number: 1711

Post by Keith Halstead »

I saw my cousin yesterday & he personally knows these people as he used to work at CEME where the apprentices train at Dagenham. He can fix me up with a tour apparently.

I'll get the details and publish on here once I've been.
Keith Image
paulh0789
Regular
LCR Membership Number: 2147

One for ramjam

Post by paulh0789 »

RamJam
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by RamJam »

Thanks for that Paul - I am still trying to setup a visit to the Ford Heritage Collection with John Nevill at Dagenham .. I am still looking for a Mk1 Aeroflow LC but the prices have just gone crazy this year ... FGF does look good though ....

Andy
RamJam
Learner Driver

Post by RamJam »

Well - Just arranged a visit to Dagenham to see FGF - Will post images when I return .. I have been reading through this thread again and noticed my post from DEC 2008 :
"Actually, I am a realist and know that there is about as much chance of me owning FGF again as there is Jensen Button winning the F1 Championship."

Mmm ..... :wink:
RamJam
Learner Driver

Post by RamJam »

Well that was a long visit! - Finally got round to posting some photos of my visit to the Ford Heritage collection at Dagenham in 2009:

.. and the chap gets paid to work here !!
Pete G
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 278

Post by Pete G »

I must go there some time.
I'm a bit confused about FGF being an aeroflow car but having the servo mounted near the bulkhead as per pre-aeroflow cars, and it should also lose the air horns and get an ally top tube?
So the Ford Heritage Museum isn't to hot on originality then.
tommy
Woodrim
LCR Membership Number: 1693

Post by tommy »

Aeroflow cars up until the changeover to P16 front/ self adjusting rear brakes, have the same braking system as a pre aeroflow car, with the servo next the bulkhead.
RamJam
Learner Driver

Post by RamJam »

FGF was an A-frame car although it had been converted to leaf springs when I owned it - Not sure if it has been put back to original - I guess I should have checked at the visit ...