CCO703B any information please!

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

royrs500
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

Post by royrs500 »

as a complete nerd to this computer search stuff,can anyone advise as to how or where i begin in my search or enquieries please.any help would be appreciated,thank you! roy :oops: :?
cortina-mk1
Front wheel lifter

Post by cortina-mk1 »

the search button is up the top right of the LCR logo

then just put in the key words and press search
Steve 155C
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 2037

Post by Steve 155C »

Hi Roy - as you don't own the car you won't get any joy out of contacting the DVLA to find out who owns it.

Rick keeps the LCR records and he maybe able to confirm if it is known to the club , but again he won't be able to tell you who owns it (data protection and all that).

To be honest unless someone who knows the car stumbles across your post on here (and that does happen) then I can't think of a legit way of you finding out.
royrs500
Learner Driver

Post by royrs500 »

hi Steve thanks for your reply,yeah i understand it's a bit of a long shot,i got a phone call about 12-14 years ago from someone who wanted to know a bit about the car etc,stupidly i didn't keep his details,he bought the car in pieces and i just have a feeling it never got any further,i have 2 mk 1's,a GT and a '63 super also a '68 mk2 lotus,so i guess i qualify as either mental or a Cortina nut,all projects,and a Anglia,another mk2 1600,a rs500 which i've just spent 5 yrs renovating not that it was bad but when you get into it you want everything just right,i'm sure you've been there,anyway thanks for your help,cheers for now,roy :D
Scott Simpson
The Gearbox Man
LCR Membership Number: 463

Post by Scott Simpson »

Hi Roy,
I believe I know the whereabouts of CCO. It's about a mile from me as the crow flies! It's been passed through at least three people I know, but none of them have done anything with it. It suffered some very unfortunate damage years ago, whilst having some restoration work carried out and the then owner from the Midlands was so dissolusioned he sold the car on to a work collegue of mine. He kept it for a short time then sold it to the current owner, who is an early member of the LCR. I'll see if I can find his phone number and let him know of your enquiry.
Scott
royrs500
Learner Driver

Post by royrs500 »

that's great news Scott,really appreciate your efforts,i'm getting to understand the value of these forums now!i'm in Cornwall,which part of the country are you? my mobile No.07707646262 if you or the guy with CCO wishes to speak,once again many thanks to you for your time,cheers for now.Roy.