DDO 214D

Want to find out if your old LC is still about? Leave details here.

Moderator: LCR Members

steve.T
Learner Driver
LCR Membership Number: 0

DDO 214D

Post by steve.T »

I remember this car around the Harrow , Middx area in the early 80's.
Wondered if it was still around?
Scott Simpson
The Gearbox Man
LCR Membership Number: 463

Post by Scott Simpson »

Hi Steve,
It's still alive and kicking, I believe in the Essex/North London area.
Scott
steve.T
Learner Driver

Post by steve.T »

I should have some pics of this car somewhere. I'll have to hunt them out and try to post them
Pete
Learner Driver

Post by Pete »

Hi Steve,

I've owned DDO 214D for 25yrs, lost it for 6 months a year ago when it was stolen. Two LCR members found the car for sale ( big thanks to them) by a # in Dagenham who { claimed he paid £4,000 cash, 'garage clearance - could not find owner, D was also scratched away DDO 214} do I sound bitter. He also kept the Carbs, which he claimed the recovery company must have taken.... The recovery company D&G Cars in Upminster - did not charge me for the recovery or the 3 wks storage about £300 - how often does that happen, great guys/girl could not do enough to help.

I had not touched my LC in years, having the car stolen has given me a KICK. I've been buying spares/parts over the past year including 4 Weber 40's. I will start work fully when I move home in the next year.
Pete
robertverhey
Front wheel lifter

Post by robertverhey »

I'm assuming you involved the constabulary when it was tracked down? Not sure of situation in UK, but here in Oz, if a person is in possession of a stolen car and has no means of identifying who or where he/she purchased it, they would be deemed the thief and charges would be laid....

Robert
Lashman
Site Admin
LCR Membership Number: 1855

Post by Lashman »

Hi Pete,
Welcome to the forum, Well done to the guys who spotted the car for sale!
Pete
Learner Driver

DDO 214D

Post by Pete »

Hi Robert,

The Police officer investigating informed me the person who claimed to have paid for the car had a receipt, but the Police could not find or give me any further information ''Due to the Data Protection Act'', which protects the person who claims to have purchased the car. I cannot understand and had a number of questions the Police could not or refused to answer; how did he find the car to begin with, who contacted him, the location....... not enough evidence. Gets better, I could not get them to check the local authority CCTV camera pointing at the garage.

I think in the UK it all depend on who you get investigating and if they have the time.

Pete
steve.T
Learner Driver

ddo214d

Post by steve.T »

Hi Pete, i'm still in contact with the owner who had the car in late 70's early 80's. He said he sold it to a guy in woolwich for about a grand, He's going to try and find some pics he has of the car, including a resto he had done on it.
Pete
Learner Driver

DDO 214D

Post by Pete »

Hi Steve

yes that was me I did live in Woolwich 20yrs ago, Any history will be very much appreciated.